• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is up with the Crazy price disparity on Ebay
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I am seeing some wild swings in pricing on Ebay for the same book in Slabs and graded 9.X to 9.8  allot of times the book has the same grade but is Hundreds of dollars apart in price despite the same exact book and grade. 

Are some sellers just hoping a random xidiotx comes by and picks up his copy instead of the other?

Edited by aabruzzese

On 7/8/2023 at 2:21 AM, LowGradeBronze said:

Maybe some sellers are so greedy they think "if mine sells before these others I must have priced it too low." There is also some future proofing in items listed while prices were on the up. They stand out now though, 'as the tide goes out' again.

Since the thing is being the same book, same grade what other element could possibly make one buy a 500$ copy instead of a 150$ copy. Also I am starting to doubt that Ebay is the best platform to seel yuo comics, way too many fees. 

On 7/8/2023 at 10:57 AM, aabruzzese said:

Since the thing is being the same book, same grade what other element could possibly make one buy a 500$ copy instead of a 150$ copy. Also I am starting to doubt that Ebay is the best platform to seel yuo comics, way too many fees. 

Many more potential eyeballs and offers a modicum of safety compared to other platforms, but yeah they do kind o'suck