• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Jersey/New York residents; New Warning!
1 1

37 posts in this topic

The guy has a lot of tempting books. I remember All Winners #4, Zip Comics #23, Hulk #4, DD #1 Avengers #4, etc. Just enough to get you all excited until you realize they are all probably restored or missing something.

Edited by Calidream'n

On 7/8/2023 at 4:39 PM, Calidream'n said:

Just dropping a message to anyone in my neck of the woods to avoid wasting time. This guy "Marshall" out of Newton, NJ has multiple ads on lots of Golden Age and Silver Age keys and semi keys. He refuses to let you fully inspect the books. The most you can do is look through the mylar bags. Took me ten minutes and multiple angles of light before I saw the three pieces of tape on the spine of his Captain America #10. He believes restoration is an "opinion", and says that buying the books without inspection is "the chance you take". What a snake! Beware of any ads on CL or FB Marketplace. Not sure where else he has posted. Wasted two hours for his BS. FB profile and ads say Marshall but his phone message said Michael. 

Despise people like this.

On 7/10/2023 at 3:13 PM, hyhhyss12 said:

Despise people like this.

so, I asked this guy what would happen if I paid for the book, once it's mine open it up and see color touch on the inner front cover. He said it could be from the original printing. I asked about other areas of restoration to which he replied "Restoration is an opinion". That right there told me these were restored or touched up books in one way or another. He claimed to have purchased a lot of these when he was young, or got them a long time ago. I doubt everything this snake said.

On 7/10/2023 at 3:34 PM, Super Team United said:

Did this guy take of his shoes at all, or toss a GA book across the room to you?

Waitaminute...

Are we talking about the guy with the Santa beard that shows up at NYCC and shows like that.  Sometimes sells Snickers at his table at NYCC?

On 7/10/2023 at 3:34 PM, Super Team United said:

Did this guy take of his shoes at all, or toss a GA book across the room to you?

Oh... and...

image.gif.5b9dd4e15fa6d890f0d175d96164a14b.gif

On 7/10/2023 at 3:33 PM, Calidream'n said:

so, I asked this guy what would happen if I paid for the book, once it's mine open it up and see color touch on the inner front cover. He said it could be from the original printing. I asked about other areas of restoration to which he replied "Restoration is an opinion". That right there told me these were restored or touched up books in one way or another. He claimed to have purchased a lot of these when he was young, or got them a long time ago. I doubt everything this snake said.

throw me a link.  I want to be a prospective customer.   PM me if you have to.

Edited by Buzzetta

On 7/11/2023 at 6:12 PM, wombat said:

I know he is looking for a sucker, but anyone who would spend serious money with this guy is just begging for a really expensive education. 

I still remember his bait phrase "That book is pretty rare. You're not going to find another one." (Regarding the Cap. #10.) SMH, like I'd lose my common sense and just go for it after he said that. What a weasel.

I think it's funny (and a bit pathetic) that this guy is reduced to inviting people to his apartment to run game on them.  It's like the internet scams for high dollar raw books are all played out and there's no more game there.  So the only play left is to meet people in your home but don't let them inspect the books.  That's going to end poorly.  

On 7/11/2023 at 11:25 PM, Nick Furious said:

I think it's funny (and a bit pathetic) that this guy is reduced to inviting people to his apartment to run game on them.  It's like the internet scams for high dollar raw books are all played out and there's no more game there.  So the only play left is to meet people in your home but don't let them inspect the books.  That's going to end poorly.  

It's funny because it took me a while to get angry. I was mostly shocked at first that he would have all these potentially high dollar books and not let me inspect them. I guess I was just mesmerized by some of the Golden Age books; and he had a few short boxes full of just really desirable Silver and Golden. When I realized he wasn't joking about not taking them out of the mylars, that's when I knew I had wasted the hour drive to him, and the time spent staring as intently as I could at the Cap 10 to try to see the flaws. I could have left angry, but I remained cordial but blunt. I said there is no way me or anyone else is going to put down that kind of money without really inspecting the books. He ended up giving me a classic line as I left, not kidding; "I know what I have." 

FB Marketplace link;

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/215659418005677/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A6f271778-4008-40b4-a435-7d9f89249248

Edited by Calidream'n

***Soooo, second warning I've given in a week; beware seller August Dos Santos on FB Marketplace in NY. He's selling the Hulk 181 I have in the "Please grade" and "Restoration" threads as all original/no resto. Obvious trimming, possible page/cover wash.

B698B711-61F6-48AF-9080-26EFA4929069.jpeg

B6E3F793-F138-4EFE-99DC-0C5A85941EBF.jpeg

Edited by Calidream'n

On 7/14/2023 at 10:11 AM, Calidream'n said:

***Soooo, second warning I've given in a week; beware seller August Dos Santos on FB Marketplace in NY. He's selling the Hulk 181 I have in the "Please grade" and "Restoration" threads as all original/no resto. Obvious trimming, possible page/cover wash.

B698B711-61F6-48AF-9080-26EFA4929069.jpeg

B6E3F793-F138-4EFE-99DC-0C5A85941EBF.jpeg

Wait he's "selling" "what you have?" do you mean he just swiped the pics?