• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My First Comic book Auction. 1991
2 2

51 posts in this topic

On 7/10/2023 at 4:48 PM, ThothAmon said:

I bought a bunch of Kirby pages from that auction. First and last for Sotheby’s if I’m not mistaken. 

Sotheby's sold a lot of Kirby art over the years.

I have this catalogue, it is pretty amazing what was on offer.  What an event to attend, I wish I had been so lucky.  Anyone have a list of prices realized?  Any idea where the Marvel Comics #2 Subby cover is?  That thing is incredible.  And the number of Church books available is crazy to contemplate.  Oh to have the Tec 18...:ohnoez:

On 7/10/2023 at 7:01 PM, action1kid said:

Jerry did a great introduction to the Mile high collection in this catalog.

Pat Kochanek :gossip:

On 7/10/2023 at 10:58 PM, mwotka said:

I have this catalogue, it is pretty amazing what was on offer.  What an event to attend, I wish I had been so lucky.  Anyone have a list of prices realized?  Any idea where the Marvel Comics #2 Subby cover is?  That thing is incredible.  And the number of Church books available is crazy to contemplate.  Oh to have the Tec 18...:ohnoez:

I'm pretty sure board member @Cat-Man_America has the Church Tec 18.