• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Card Collectors, do you like the redesigned labels?
1 1

3 posts in this topic

As someone who collected CGC graded comics well before getting into trading cards, I’m partial to that iconic blue label. CGC posted a mock-up showing the Purple Ghost-Spider 1/1 with the new label in their recent article, so I put it next the original blue label (with sub grades) to compare. I’m still convinced that Marvel cards look better with the blue. What do other Marvel collectors think?

IMG_1832.jpeg

No I do not like it, not even a little. I only wanted the CGC "flip" on my Marvel Cards as it matched the Comics which i thought was an amazing pairing.  Sadly it's been back to PSA for me since the announcement. I know I'm not alone in that regard.

Edited by MAR1979

I am actually a fan of the new label since it brings it more inline with the industry, the "comic" label looked more amateur and cartoon like. All of this is moot at the moment since the cards are bringing less in open auction currently. This will need to change, but we will see how it all plays out.

Not having a pre-screen option is also hurting them and the last reason why I have not submitted anything to them.