• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The San Diego Comic con losing its appeal to the vintage collector?
3 3

78 posts in this topic

On 7/29/2023 at 8:43 AM, action1kid said:

People who are not in the hobby always ask me one thing. How much is it worth? And only one thing.

They ask me "Can you really make a living doing that?"

overall the best comic  con feel in the last 5 plus years. A lot more people on the floor, especially Sat. I thought the selection was outstanding, I bought 3x as much as usual and found stuff I had been looking for for a while. SDCC is back, lets see what happens next year. Panels this year were outstanding including the frank frazetta comic con 5 min preview of  his in the works documentary...it looks fantastic along with the best EC panel I have ever attended. I am glad it is back!

PS Cat-Man get your tail back here!!!!

Edited by Mmehdy

On 7/28/2023 at 3:26 PM, Robot Man said:

There are certain folks I just won’t sell to. I just don’t need their money bad enough. And, yeah, these books will sell themselves.

I ran into Roy coming into Torpedo. We had a brief non-comic conversation…(shrug). He always has to tell me things he doesn’t like about “Cali” and that he is here all the time. I have to remind him that I LIVE in LA and was born and raised here. I want to like the guy but…

When you live in high profile cities like L.A., N.Y. or S.F., people from elsewhere think it's just fine to dump on your city when talking to you. Half the time they even expect you to agree with them. Yet those same people would be defensive and offended if you went to their hometown and told them it sucked. 

Edited by rjpb

On 7/29/2023 at 1:32 PM, Mmehdy said:

overall the best comic  con feel in the last 5 plus years. A lot more people on the floor, especially Sat. I thought the selection was outstanding, I bought 3x as much as usual and found stuff I had been looking for for a while. SDCC is back, lets see what happens next year. Panels this year were outstanding including the frank frazetta comic con 5 min preview of  his in the works documentary...it looks fantastic along with the best EC panel I have ever attended. I am glad it is back!

PS Cat-Man get your tail back here!!!!

I'd love to have made the trip this year, but there was just too much going on business-wise at the same time as the convention.  In spite of that, my buddy Bob Wayne did try talking me into flying in as he did for a bunch of panels he was on. Sadly, planes and I aren't a real good mix as I'm very claustrophobic and stressed out by heights. :ohnoez:  Nevertheless, train travel is always a possibility or a road trip with friends. 

:cheers:

On 7/29/2023 at 9:43 AM, action1kid said:

People who are not in the hobby always ask me one thing. How much is it worth? And only one thing.

That and what did you pay for that? Are you crazy is the silent question.

On 8/6/2023 at 2:48 PM, aardvark88 said:

Tall Texan from Bedrock City speaketh words of wisdom at SDCC 2023:

Wise words from a number of veteran dealers. About as current assement on the market in real time. Ritchie and Bob really nailed it. 

Was fun to see my local buddy Cal of McFlye’s after Mr Bedrock. A great guy to deal with. 

Edited by Robot Man

On 8/7/2023 at 7:03 AM, Robot Man said:

Wise words from a number of veteran dealers. About as current assessment on the market in real time.

Was fun to see my local buddy Cal of McFlye’s after Mr Bedrock.

Swagglehaus also interviewed Nerdy Girl/Adam and a few others b4 Bedrock City but I started that Youtube SDCC clip with his Honor Mr. Bedrock.

On 8/7/2023 at 11:15 AM, aardvark88 said:

Swagglehaus also interviewed Nerdy Girl/Adam and a few others b4 Bedrock City but I started that Youtube SDCC clip with his Honor Mr. Bedrock.

It was nice meeting him. Thanks for posting.

On 8/7/2023 at 11:15 AM, aardvark88 said:

I've fallen behind on watching my comic book YouTubers.  I've been meaning to watch this one - thx for reminding me.