• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM my CSS#22
2 2

11 posts in this topic

I thought qualified grade is for unwitnessed sigs and unseen defects on a other wise high grade book. Like a hulk 181 that looks near mint but has the mvs removed so gets a 9.4 qualified instead of a 1.0 blue universal?

Unless you state on the submission form that you don't want a qualified grade. Can submitters request that?

Here it is outside of the sleeve.. no missing pages.. and no apparent color touches.. i don’t think i’m going to get it pressed. It’s not for resale, just for the PC. 

Any feedback on grade would be appreciated..popped bottom staple

IMG_2723.jpeg

IMG_2724.jpeg

IMG_2725.jpeg

IMG_2726.jpeg

IMG_2727.jpeg

IMG_2729.jpeg

IMG_2728.jpeg

IMG_2730.jpeg

A single detached staple can grade anywhere between 5.0-9.0 according to the CGC book. In other words, a book that would otherwise grade below 5.0 can have a detached staple as an acceptable defect at the grade without further deduction. Qualified labels for detachments would be reserved for a much higher grade book, 9.2 or greater (I would assume even on the high end of that range). In other words, the qualification means that the book would have graded outside 5.0-9.0 but for the detached staple. This book has creases, tears, discoloration, etc. that  are consistent with a book in the 3s.

On 7/27/2023 at 7:49 AM, Tim_A_Par said:

Came back as 4.0 Universal. Thanks for the input.

I'm too late. Would've guessed 3.5/4.0.

Very nice! Congratulations.

Thanks for sharing.