• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

McFarlane Page Punchers - The Definitive (Hopefully) Guide
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I have updates! These include new Exclusives, news on what's coming next, and a possible mystery figure. :jawdrop:

I've added pictures to the first post, but here's what I've discovered since I first made this topic.

1. There have been convention exclusives. In 2022 at the NYCC or SDCC or both, there was apparently a Wave 1 3" Flashpoint 1 Foil Variant available. There are a number of them on eBay and it is even currently available on the McFarlance Toys Store website, so I don't believe we can call it "convention exclusive" at this point.

2. There is a McFarlane Toys Store exclusive, however, and it is currently on sale for $14.99. It's a Metallic Variant of the 7" Captain Cold figure with the Flash comic. The comic itself, however, appears to be the exact same as the ones that come with any of the figures from that wave. Interestingly, though, on the back of the box, the comic cover it shows is very different. But that's not the comic that was included. I guess this was when they were considering putting different covers with each figure, which they actually started doing in the next wave.I'll attach a pic here because it's pretty cool to see what almost was.

3. There is a Chase Variant figure of Batgirl in the latest 7" wave. I have not personally been able to find it, but I watched a review on YouTube and the guy stated that the comic is the exact same as the one that comes with the regular Batgirl figure. Still, it's a cool figure variant as it has more painted details than the regular one.

4. There was an exclusive at SDCC this year. It was a black & white Mr. Freeze. The comic is the same, but the cover is a variant with different art and it's black & white as well (just the cover). I picked it up off eBay and I have to say the figure is actually pretty cool with those colors. Of course, I buy these things for the comics, personally.

5. So here's the possible mystery: There may be a Superman convention exclusive that came out this year at some point. I was reading up on articles talking about the McFarlane SDCC exclusives (prior to the SDCC) and one website claimed there would be a Superman B&W Page Punchers available, but had no pictures of it. I searched eBay during the convention and found a listing that had both the Freeze exclusive and this mysterious Superman exclusive listed. However, the seller left them in the shipping box so you couldn't see the actual figure boxes. The picture was of a brown cardboard shipping box and it was labeled "Page Punchers" and said "Superman." I wish I'd saved a picture or contacted the seller, but I did neither. But I've looked at multiple videos, websites, and other auctions and just have not seen this elusive Superman figure anywhere. There were a couple of McFarlane exclusive Superman figures this year, though. One of them was even B&W. My guess is that the box was simply mislabeled, and there was no actual Page Punchers Superman exclusive. But if anyone else here knows or finds something out, please post! I'll attach pictures of the Superman exclusives that aren't page Punchers here for reference.

6. And Finally, the McFarlane Toys Store has the new 3" 2-packs up for  pre-order. They should be available in September. I like finding these things in retail but I may just pre-order from McFarlane to ensure I get them without having to hunt for them.

ppccback.jpg

superman1.jpeg

superman2.jpg