• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Re-Grading
1 1

13 posts in this topic

On 7/14/2023 at 7:35 AM, Guitar Hero said:

If I submit a card with subgrades will those grades be used to get the new grade. In the case of the new 9+ grade, would a card with subgrades of 9,9,10,10 get the new 9+ grade.

There is no 9+ grade. I believe all that matters is the overall grade, regardless of subs.

• Administrator
On 7/14/2023 at 7:35 AM, Guitar Hero said:

If I submit a card with subgrades will those grades be used to get the new grade. In the case of the new 9+ grade, would a card with subgrades of 9,9,10,10 get the new 9+ grade.

The only cards that will receive a new grade if you submit for reholder will be cards graded Gem Mint 9.5, which is now Gem Mint 10. We will no longer have subgrades so if you would like to keep your subgrades, we recommend not having the cards reholdered. For more information, you can check out the FAQ section at the bottom of this article: https://www.cgccards.com/news/article/11863/cgc-cards-launch/

If I submit a card graded a 9 for re grading that has strong subgrades. Say 9,9,10,10. Do they use the existing subgrades or do they disregard the existing grades and re grade the card. It would seem a card with those subs would come back with a 9+ grade. Or do they regrade the card with the possibility it would come back with a lower grade. I understand it would not have subs anymore. 

• Administrator
On 7/14/2023 at 4:38 PM, Guitar Hero said:

If I submit a card graded a 9 for re grading that has strong subgrades. Say 9,9,10,10. Do they use the existing subgrades or do they disregard the existing grades and re grade the card. It would seem a card with those subs would come back with a 9+ grade. Or do they regrade the card with the possibility it would come back with a lower grade. I understand it would not have subs anymore. 

If you're just submitting the cards to be reholdered with the new label, the grade will not change unless you have a card that is Gem Mint 9.5, which will be changed to a Gem Mint 10. Otherwise, all cards will stay the same grade. And of course, as we are no longer doing sub-grades, those will not be on the new label if you submit them for reholdering. I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any other questions! :) 

• Administrator
On 7/14/2023 at 5:07 PM, Guitar Hero said:

Just created a new set yesterday and it has a points total but a rank of Zero. I'm confused. Still can't access my sets from my home page. I can get to my submissions but not my sets.

I'm sorry you're having trouble. Can you please provide some additional information so I can look into this? Which specific set are you referring to? I see that you have a few with a rank of zero. Also, can you please try clearing your cache and then trying again to access your sets from your home page? If that still doesn't work, please let me know what happens when you try to click on your sets. 

Excuse we for asking what might be a stupid question but, when you say clear your cache do you mean my site history on my computer or something else? I've cleared the history on my computer and that has not resolved the problem. If you mean something else please explain. Apologies for my ignorance. The sets I'm referring to are the ones with a rank of zero. 

• Administrator
On 7/15/2023 at 7:44 AM, Guitar Hero said:

Excuse we for asking what might be a stupid question but, when you say clear your cache do you mean my site history on my computer or something else? I've cleared the history on my computer and that has not resolved the problem. If you mean something else please explain. Apologies for my ignorance. The sets I'm referring to are the ones with a rank of zero. 

Yes, on my browser (Chrome) it says Clear Browsing Data and you can choose Browsing History, Cookies and Other Site Data, and Cached Images and Files. Since you've done that and it's still not working, I will pass this along on my side so we can look into it. 

• Administrator
On 7/17/2023 at 5:18 PM, Guitar Hero said:

So I cleared a little more data and I can now get into my Registry. Many thanks on that. I still have 4 sets that have a point total ranking of 0.  They are FATES I, II, III. and ISLES. Anything you could do would be appreciated. Thanks again

I'm so glad you were able to get into your registry! I did send that info over on the sets you have that are showing as a rank of zero, I will let you know as soon as I hear back.

• Administrator
On 7/29/2023 at 11:15 AM, Guitar Hero said:

Wondering if you have any information on why I have sets that have no rank. They are FATES I, II, III and ISLES.

There is an issue with the ranking system currently. Our team is working to correct it. I apologize for any confusion.