• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC Comics - overall value
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I am sorting through a stash of old Dc commics I found in my personal collection. 

Damn, looks like DC Comics just don't have a value comparable to Marvel or at least it seems that 

way to me. 

I have a run of Justice League books from #2 to 25 and they all seem to be worth no more than a few
bucks each.  I collected some obscure titles like DeadShot, Martian Manhunter, The Weird, Flash Gordon, Starman 
and Conan the Barbarian of which I have a few #1's and #2's but they are still pretty much worthless.

I doubt they will ever catch on, I am going to sort them and sell the stack of Justice League and Justice League International that I have. For now since I am just getting back into it, I will concentrate on my Peter Parker Spectacular Spiderman and Amazing Spiderman runs. 

On 7/18/2023 at 5:42 PM, Semicentennial said:

Those aren't very popular books which is why there isn't any value.  There are a lot of Marvel books that are in the same category from that same time period, so it's not just a DC thing.

I know, but it kind of sucks to know that those books would never gain any value even after 30 years or more.  I did buy some decent keys without even knowing it though. The funniest thing is I used to scout the comic shop every Friday for any new #1 issues of one book or another. Turns out most of them are the same price today as I paid them back in the 80's.  LOL 

Edited by aabruzzese

On 7/18/2023 at 5:49 PM, aabruzzese said:

I know, but it kind of sucks to know that those books would never gain any value even after 30 years or more.  I did buy some decent keys without even knowing it though. The funniest thing is I used to scout the comic shop every Friday for any new #1 issues of one book or another. Turns out most of them are the same price today as I paid them back in the 80's.  LOL 

#1 were the rage back in the 80s.  I've collected quite a few of the types of books you're talking about, waiting for some day for them to become sleeper keys. 40+ years and still waiting for some of these books to take off.

Edited by Semicentennial