• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peter Parker spectacular Spider-Man #9
1 1

4 posts in this topic

On 7/18/2023 at 2:09 PM, scburdet said:

7.0/7.5 I doubt pressing will take the corner crunches out completely. There look like potential for fiber damage. It's a cool copy, underappreciated IMO, but probably buying a high grade copy would be more cost effective

I will give it a dry clean and a press, hopefully it will at least make an 8 after, either way I am still looking for high grade copies at fair FMV for the early Peter Parker books, it seems there is a wild and crazy roller coaster of prices to be had. 

One guy has a Peter Parker #1 list as NM but when you look at the pictures you can tell it ain't no NM.

Peter Parker The Spectacular Spider-Man # 1. (Marvel Comics 1976) Near mint | eBay

Am I wrong in my evaluation that this is nowhere near an NM copy ? 

On 7/18/2023 at 6:25 PM, aabruzzese said:

nowhere near

6.0 would be extremely generous after that book was fully cleaned & pressed. Loads of sellers on ebay do not have accurate grading. Some are just ignorant, but it's pretty clear a lot of people just inflate the grades