• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Keep stickers on seal?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hey, so when collecting (especially when slabbing), what stickers, if any, do you leave on the sealed VHS?  I have this sealed Pocahontas, and it has two stickers on it. One is a price tag, and the other is from Disney promoting this VHS release. Do they both add history/provenance to the collectible?  I feel like one of them at least does, no?

20230709_015417.thumb.jpg.47392a3a318f614de4f45ba93ac6ad85.jpg

On 7/20/2023 at 4:18 AM, 1337pino said:

Hey, so when collecting (especially when slabbing), what stickers, if any, do you leave on the sealed VHS?  I have this sealed Pocahontas, and it has two stickers on it. One is a price tag, and the other is from Disney promoting this VHS release. Do they both add history/provenance to the collectible?  I feel like one of them at least does, no?

20230709_015417.thumb.jpg.47392a3a318f614de4f45ba93ac6ad85.jpg

Hooray! You made it Pino. Well done :)

On 7/20/2023 at 3:52 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Hooray! You made it Pino. Well done :)

Thanks, and thanks for the help in the other thread!  Missed the window to be the first post, but I'm very glad to have the appropriate space to post VHS-related content now that CGC has expanded into that domain!

Personally I dont like price stickers unless there is a good reason to keep them. Hype stickers leave on, store price/barcodes and security tags take off.

Some of the joy in VHS is cover art, if you have price stickers all over it takes away from the art enjoyment. they don add anything for me personally.

Even on the Motor City Collection I am torn, I know he wrote dates on them and that is nice to have, but some of the price labels cover 20% of the cover, blocking titles and the artwork.

Someone on youtube shows how to take them off as carefully as possible but if by removing the sticker it breaks the seal instant regret time, I agree with jrshalloe cover art its what makes them unique