• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JERRY WEIST.............BRINGING IT ON EBAY

28 posts in this topic

some great books from Jerry from an OO collection

these books are smoking with great page quality

be real interesting to see prices realised in this "crashing" market

Always a good idea to master alphabetical order so as to appease dimwits like me who haven't the attention span to scan multi page listings that are randomly spread. ish.

I used to think the New Fun's were rare. Not so much anymore. There have been three number 2's on ebay in the last 6 weeks!

It does seem that way doesn't it? Strange how that works out. I would not at all be surprised that many of the scarity #s that we have sworn by over the years via Overstreet and Gerber are off. The Internet/e-bay has the effect of bringing to light items that we used to never see.

However, the mere fact that all of a sudden within a short period of time a certain book appears on multiple occasions is not enough to suddenly downplay the rarity factor.

Better yet, you're right. These are common books. No one in their right mind should spend a dime on them. poke2.gif

More for me. gossip.gifthumbsup2.gif

I can bet you, New Fun #2 shows up a little for the next month then BOOM!!! You won't see one for 6 months to a year. A rare sells, then someone decides to sell theirs if the market is right. Then that particular issue disappears for a while.

It does seem that way doesn't it? Strange how that works out. I would not at all be surprised that many of the scarity #s that we have sworn by over the years via Overstreet and Gerber are off. The Internet/e-bay has the effect of bringing to light items that we used to never see.

However, the mere fact that all of a sudden within a short period of time a certain book appears on multiple occasions is not enough to suddenly downplay the rarity factor.

Better yet, you're right. These are common books. No one in their right mind should spend a dime on them.

Good points. I agree that these books are still quite tough to locate, but I think they aren't as tough as they were in the pre-Internet days.

You should go for that New Fun 1. It's the best looking copy I have seen come to the marketplace in a long time.

I can bet you, New Fun #2 shows up a little for the next month then BOOM!!! You won't see one for 6 months to a year. A rare sells, then someone decides to sell theirs if the market is right. Then that particular issue disappears for a while.

That would be my guess as well. I haven't been following the New Fun bidding on ebay, but I wouldn't be surprised if it got started with one person upgrading and dumping the undercopy, then maybe another person doing the same....after the books trade hands a few times, the supply usually dries up again.

That would be my guess as well. I haven't been following the New Fun bidding on ebay, but I wouldn't be surprised if it got started with one person upgrading and dumping the undercopy, then maybe another person doing the same....after the books trade hands a few times, the supply usually dries up again.

Fair guesses to be sure. Almost to a "t" (what exactly does that mean anyway??), those from who I buy these types of books always make me "promise" to sell it back to them should I ever upgrade, which is exactly what I plan to do with my New Funs.

What are the grades of the top existing copies of New Fun 1-6?

Hard to tell as CGC cannot grade these oversized books so we have no real reference. I asked this question of Dave the Dentist recently and his opinion was there are likely no copies over VF (unrestored), and I believe I recall him saying he had never even seen a VF (unrestored).

Does any other pedigree have New Funs? I know the Lost Valley at least had a #6 (but missing the Centerfold). Not sure about the #1-5 offhand.