• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My book is way off center in the case.
3 3

7 posts in this topic

Just got this back from dropping it off at CGC booth at Heroes Con last month. Extremely happy withe the turn around time as well as the grade but my book is offset to the right, noticeably offset. Is this an issue with the inner well or the inner sleeve?

20230722_152056.jpg

Edited by Christopher Baker

Yes, it has a wedge in the case to secure it. And yes, it's not where you were hoping it would be, perfectly centered in the case. But you have to realize that the case is not a frame for artwork. It's a protective holder.

You have a great comic with a super grade, in a protective holder. Take the win.

I doubt they will reholder as a Mechanical Error just because it's not perfectly centered, but you could ask CS. To pay for a reholder on your own involves $$$, handling risks, and it may come back the same way 

On 7/24/2023 at 6:11 PM, thehumantorch said:

Wonderful grade on a wonderful book.  Congrats.  Comics vary in dimensions and won't always be centered in the case and this isn't a big deal.  I'd rather keep the book than send it back and risk possible damage somewhere in the process. 

+1,000

-bc