• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Flash 105
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Eying this one. Wondering where people think it would fall. Some stain marks on the cover near the center of the book. All attached. The corner you see at the bottom is extra paper that is overhanging and was never cut properly. I appreciate all input!

IMG_8449.jpeg

IMG_8450.jpeg

3.5. Apparently, I have trouble seeing stains (see: Round 1 grading contest, book 1). It seems like a good clean & press might make this look closer to a 4.0, but seems like the creasing & discoloration might keep this out of the 4s

On 7/24/2023 at 11:28 PM, scburdet said:

3.5. Apparently, I have trouble seeing stains (see: Round 1 grading contest, book 1). It seems like a good clean & press might make this look closer to a 4.0, but seems like the creasing & discoloration might keep this out of the 4s

Basically if you look between each of mirror masters heads (except for one spot) there are three discoloured slightly yellow looking stains 

On 7/25/2023 at 12:34 AM, comicginger1789 said:

three discoloured slightly yellow looking stains

Said quite tongue-in-cheek. I think they might have called some of that red stuff on the Popular 66 a stain, and I thought it was ink transfer :ohnoez:

The stains are tough though. It's almost like an excuse to hammer a book, albeit my object is usually the hammering when it's barely visible or something small on the back cover.

3.0 - 3.5

Nice JAN 8 date stamp on the upper BC. That’s the first time I’ve seen a date stamp that late on a Flash 105. Typically, if it’s stamped, it is usually within a few day before Christmas, 1958.

Thanks for those who were quick to comment! Going to look at this (and a 106 and a couple other 50s era DC superhero books) tonight. Will report back if acquired!

Ps I had the book at a 2.0-2.5 because I always tend to undergrade (at least my results from the grading contests tell me that lol) so it’s nice to know some people see 3.0 potential which would be awesome

Acquired (along with a similar grade copy of 106).

The fellow I bought from is an avid yard sale/value village hound. He admitted it was his best score from VV (probably paid $1-4 for each if I had to guess based on my local VV). He gave me a nice deal so I’m happy and I think I shall work some magic and slab the two soon!