• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trouble with Comiclink Website?
10 10

266 posts in this topic

On 8/11/2023 at 3:12 PM, justafan said:

I hope it's just them waiting until this final session of auctions to end before bringing down their servers and overhauling the entire site. They shouldn't let their guard down just because they're now operating behind Cloudflare.

I kind of doubt they are going to do that.  Next month is one of their big auctions, they have the books all set for both August and September.  

Frick. Prices are terrible on my consignments in this Clink auction. At least I won the couple of books I was bidding on for a similar % discount to GPA that mine sold at. Looks like Heritage or eBay is the way to go for now.

I still like Comiclink for buying and selling (mostly buying these days), as Jon Signorelli has been a superb contact for many years.  Also, white-paged keys tend to do well there, so I've had no complaints with sales thus far.

That said, this summer I did two sales threads here on the boards and everything sold.  Price it right and you can save all the commissions by doing the work here, especially for $1-$5000 books.  Really big stuff probably demands an auction house.

Dan

I liked the sell-through combined with the prices realized when using CLink auctions.  Every single book I gave them (for instance, around 280 picture frame Marvels) sold, and I wasn't stuck with a bunch of comics to have to continue to deal with as happens with my Board sales.  And while some of my books auctioned on the Link went for less than the GPA average, many did better and some set GPA records.  And thanks to those high end surprises, my overall sales were much higher than expected.

I love buying on the boards and selling unslabbed comics here.  For large numbers of slabs of a particular title, theme, or niche, not so much.

Edited by namisgr

I was wondering if I might get some steals in this most recent round, what with the site issues and all. Instead, I was blown out on every single book, except for one. And I'm not talking about rare or hot books, I'm talking about the common copper and 90's drek that I enjoy. Lots of books that in recent months I've been picking up for under $100, suddenly selling for $150-$200. A big swing for common stuff that is not currently hot or trending or whatever. Very odd. Still in the mix on a couple of art pages, we'll see how they shake out.