• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sell or keep ?
2 2

13 posts in this topic

Hi CGC community .

I have come to be in possesion of some comics , all cgc 9.8 white pages , Spiderman Reign all 7 covers including the withdrawn issues with nude panels  & ASM #583 all 6 covers. 

Should I keep them or sell them ?

Many thanks in advance. 

On 8/1/2023 at 6:35 PM, Waddy256 said:

Hi CGC community .

I have come to be in possesion of some comics , all cgc 9.8 white pages , Spiderman Reign all 7 covers including the withdrawn issues with nude panels  & ASM #583 all 6 covers. 

Should I keep them or sell them ?

Many thanks in advance. 

Did you buy them or were they free? If you bought them, how much did you pay? Do you like them and want to keep them? Will you feel regretful if you sell them? Would you rather have a few hundred or so (to maybe $1k+) dollars, or the books?

On 8/2/2023 at 1:02 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

Did you buy them or were they free? If you bought them, how much did you pay? Do you like them and want to keep them? Will you feel regretful if you sell them? Would you rather have a few hundred or so (to maybe $1k+) dollars, or the books?

Hi , Thanks very much for your reply . I was kinda bequeathed them . The original owner paid £250 per set so £500 for all 13 slabs . I said I will donate 50% of what ever they sell for to his favourite charity which was NSPCC here in the UK . I think they are gorgeous to look at but the more I get the more goes to his charity . therefore sell now or wait a bit and get more ? 

On 8/1/2023 at 9:30 PM, Waddy256 said:

Hi , Thanks very much for your reply . I was kinda bequeathed them . The original owner paid £250 per set so £500 for all 13 slabs . I said I will donate 50% of what ever they sell for to his favourite charity which was NSPCC here in the UK . I think they are gorgeous to look at but the more I get the more goes to his charity . therefore sell now or wait a bit and get more ? 

Got it, thanks for the info. I don't know that waiting on these books is going to give you a value increase. I'd say if you're ultimately looking to sell anyway (either now or waiting to see if you can get more value), I'd list them now. The obvious caveat is I don't know what the market will bring or I'd be filthy rich. But in general, these are probably not books that are going to see significant increases by waiting. You can try to sell them here and bypass some of the eBay fees you'd incur, you can try them with MyComicShop, or you can try them on eBay - far more eyes, but they take a big cut.

Edit to add: The alternative is, if you like them and especially if they are fond reminders of the person who bequeathed them (and I'm sorry for your loss), you could consider making a donation yourself and keeping them.

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 8/2/2023 at 4:33 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

Got it, thanks for the info. I don't know that waiting on these books is going to give you a value increase. I'd say if you're ultimately looking to sell anyway (either now or waiting to see if you can get more value), I'd list them now. The obvious caveat is I don't know what the market will bring or I'd be filthy rich. But in general, these are probably not books that are going to see significant increases by waiting. You can try to sell them here and bypass some of the eBay fees you'd incur, you can try them with MyComicShop, or you can try them on eBay - far more eyes, but they take a big cut.

Edit to add: The alternative is, if you like them and especially if they are fond reminders of the person who bequeathed them (and I'm sorry for your loss), you could consider making a donation yourself and keeping them.

Many thanks , much appreciated. 

On 8/1/2023 at 10:33 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I have sold at MyComicShop and eBay.  From my experience, sellers get higher prices for CGC books with lower fees at MyComicShop.  If you are looking to maximize your revenue that is the way to go.  Since the books are CGC they will automatically take them for consignment.  They are picky about what raw comics they list.  You will have to set up an account with them and then YOU will set the price YOU want on consignment.  Good luck!