• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM X-Men 62
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I'd be a little worried about the dark spot on the edge of the back cover. If that is a stain, it will knock the book down more than you might expect. Excluding that spot, it looks like some light surface wear is the main issue. 8.5±0.5. To grade or not to grade is a personal decision based on what you plan to do with it. If it's something you want in your collection, there's no reason not to. It's plenty attractive. Beyond that, my personal selection process includes determining if it's a key book (or otherwise unique) or is it an old book that's more or less pristine. This isn't really a key X-Men book (even though it's a cool cover) & it's short of perfect. FMV of a 9.0 is $350 & an 8.0 is $200.

If it was my book I'd be grading it. To me that small stain shouldn't knock the grade down too much. Not IMO a moderate defect as defined by CGC. I see no reason why it shouldn't get a 9.0 but it's gonna come down to that little stain and what the grader thinks about it. There is a 9.0 that just sold on ebay with the old label. Your copy is much better than that one IMO.

On 8/2/2023 at 9:30 AM, tmac100 said:

Update: turned out that is not a stain on the back cover.  I was able to remove it with a very light eraser.

That is good news. as I like to do dry clean on my books with the cotton swabs and erasers.  I have a feeling it is worth grading especialy if you plan to keep and potentially sell it at the right moment.  I find buying raw books on Ebay is a bit of a spoon shoot.