• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hi my card has been labeled INELIGIBLE TYPE/RESEARCH MODE
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hi my error card has been labeled 1/1 INELIGIBLE TYPE/RESEARCH MODE

what does this mean , is it actually graded and encapsulated or will it return ungraded?

I contacted cgc prior to sending the card in , the senior grading team said as long as it is genuine they would grade it.

Which it absolutely is

so what does this title 1/1 INELIGIBLE TYPE/RESEARCH MODE mean for my error card

IMG_6474.jpeg

Edited by Nikki’s Charizard
Add picture

• Administrator

Hello @Nikki’s Charizard

Thank you for reaching out to us. This submission is still at the grading desk, and grades are not finalized. This temporary description is generally used when a card description must be created in the system. Since the submission is not finalized, I cannot confirm what the final outcome will be, however, I can confirm that the grading team is still working on the submission. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

On 8/2/2023 at 10:29 PM, Nikki’s Charizard said:

Hi my error card has been labeled 1/1 INELIGIBLE TYPE/RESEARCH MODE

what does this mean , is it actually graded and encapsulated or will it return ungraded?

I contacted cgc prior to sending the card in , the senior grading team said as long as it is genuine they would grade it.

Which it absolutely is

so what does this title 1/1 INELIGIBLE TYPE/RESEARCH MODE mean for my error card

IMG_6474.jpeg

That looks like one of those polished cards. If it is, they aren’t misprints and its common knowledge how to create them.

On 8/3/2023 at 11:58 PM, NickiO CS said:

Hello @Nikki’s Charizard

Thank you for reaching out to us. This submission is still at the grading desk, and grades are not finalized. This temporary description is generally used when a card description must be created in the system. Since the submission is not finalized, I cannot confirm what the final outcome will be, however, I can confirm that the grading team is still working on the submission. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

That’s such a relief, Thank you for checking on this for me, i feel much better

On 8/4/2023 at 2:54 AM, TheDigitalMonster said:

That looks like one of those polished cards. If it is, they aren’t misprints and its common knowledge how to create them.

It is 100% genuine, I pulled this card personally myself ,

I am so excited to have cgc grade it , so people don’t say those types of things about this card, 

this very likely 1 of kind card,

we’ll it is to date so far.

As soon as it is graded certified and encapsulated,

I will be showing it off EVERYWHERE 😁

Yes it was in the end, I had to go to the millennium print group, and have the error verified, it was a long process but in the end CGC graded it, grade 9 , it has actually just sold on Goldin two days ago for $2500 aud, 

you need to dig deeper,  help the process yourself, that’s what I had to do, I contacted the Pokemon quality manager, Luke welsh at the millennium print group in North Carolina.

good luck I hope you can get it done