• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Significantly important issue numbers 1-100
1 1

90 posts in this topic

On 8/3/2023 at 9:44 PM, wiparker824 said:

I know everyone loves all of Wolverines descendants but I’d rather ASM 3 over NYX 3 personally. Give me Dock Ock. 

In your example, I would take the good Doctor as well, but overall I’d take Suspense 3 or Fantastic 3 over Doc as they are some of the most classic covers in the hobby. 

There have been some great suggestions and very blatant overlooks on my part (Wiz 2 and FF 51)

There are some debatable inclusions but have edited the original post to include most of the suggestions.

I love GA issues and understand their historical significance, but may not be as well versed as some members of the boards.

I also feel that there are other great reasons for inclusion besides 1st appearances (story, creators, covers) which is why I feel 36 should be ASM V2. and why I added Tec 31 (cover)

If we can fill the entire list maybe I will engage a poll for issues which could be debatable (looking at you 55 (Thanos, Dr Fate))

Edited by Ducky13

56 - Simon Furman begins his run on the US Transformers book, becoming the franchise's most prolific and successful scribe. 

I also vote for All-Star Comics 3 for the number 3 slot. They're the world's first superhero team. It doesn't get much more iconic than that! Plus they're still being published today. 

I've also got to give 55 to Dr Fate. 

And 96 to Death of Thunderbird from Uncanny X-Men, a pretty major event for the X-Men new team. 

Edited by Cat

ASM #31 - First Gwen Stacy, Harry Osborn

TTA #60 - Hulk in his long running series begins

TTA #70 - Submariner in his own series begins

TTA #77 - Hulk's secret identity as Bruce Banner revealed to the world

JIM #97 - First Tales of Asgard

Edited by namisgr
added to the list