• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTFreak, Brothers
2 2

3 posts in this topic

So I just grabbed this Freak Brothers #1, it’s got a 75cent cover price and pink interior pages. So by all rights it can only be a 13th print right? Supposedly limited to 1,000 books, numbered, and accompanied by a Letter of Authenticity.

Here’s my problem.

My book came with a LoA that looks to be a photocopy or computer printout of what I assume could have been the original LoA. OK, that’s not super weird, unfortunate but not weird. The stamped numbers on the LoA and on the book match each other exactly, in number, size, font, color, etc. BUUUT, the stamps do NOT match the look of the only picture of a stamp I can find online. ComicBookRealm has a picture of a small section of a LoA, which not only shows a very different stamp than mine, but also shows the stamp placed on top of a raised seal, which mine does not have, not even as just a printed image. Seems like shenanigans to me, but SHOULDN’T a 13th print have a stamp in the book? ALSO, my production number is 1,014 out of 1,000 ?!?!?
Book appears to be a legit 13th and why wouldn’t it be, it’s not a high value item.
What am I missing?

Thanks

IMG_3226.jpeg

IMG_3225.jpeg

IMG_3230.jpeg

IMG_3231.jpeg