• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm back.
6 6

98 posts in this topic

There is an old Dakota tribal wisdom, which was passed over from generation to generation. It basically goes like this:

“When you discover you’re riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.”

On 8/13/2023 at 6:19 PM, namisgr said:

There is an old Dakota tribal wisdom, which was passed over from generation to generation. It basically goes like this:

“When you discover you’re riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.”

Is there a peer reviewed study that supports this?

Also, in before the edit. :D

On 8/13/2023 at 7:01 PM, Mystafo said:
On 8/13/2023 at 6:19 PM, VintageComics said:

I've been trying to ignore myself for 53 years. 

No can do, your reality requires an observer!

So you're saying I must inflict myself on myself and have no choice but others have a choice on whether they're afflicted by me? 

image.thumb.jpeg.b26f19fed3f44b7604b968651c324f8f.jpeg

Edited by VintageComics

On 8/13/2023 at 7:07 PM, dover said:

Are you still here?

This reminds me of something but I'm not quire sure what. 

1235346235_elon-musk-doesnt-sleep300x300.jpg.2496420cc35a741787f6bba435d399af.jpg

On 8/8/2023 at 10:36 PM, VintageComics said:

That re-education program I forced to take has worked wonders. I feel like a new person. :D

Did they include any science classes? Statistics 101? :shy:

On 8/13/2023 at 7:32 PM, CAHokie said:

Did they include any science classes? Statistics 101? :shy:

Maybe I should not have taken the 'over' .   And we might be off and running... 

oh-snap-jim-halpert-ohh-j6qlgsohvtdj8g9m.gif

Edited by Buzzetta

On 8/13/2023 at 8:03 PM, Paul (GG) © ® ™💙 said:

Is this the new WC?

Oh wait..... :canofworms:

Well here is an interesting question solely based on the way that the board software operates. 

@VintageComics  It's well known that Roy was banned from the water cooler so this is not rubbing salt in the proverbial wound. 

1 - Roy starts a thread in comics general

2 - Mike moves the thread to the water cooler. 

3 - Since it is 'after the fact' does Roy have access to post only in this thread since he started it despite not having access to the water cooler?

On 8/13/2023 at 8:07 PM, Buzzetta said:

Well here is an interesting question solely based on the way that the board software operates. 

@VintageComics  It's well known that Roy was banned from the water cooler so this is not rubbing salt in the proverbial wound. 

1 - Roy starts a thread in comics general

2 - Mike moves the thread to the water cooler. 

3 - Since it is 'after the fact' does Roy have access to post only in this thread since he started it despite not having access to the water cooler?

I think that actually did happen already and he did not.

On 8/13/2023 at 5:18 PM, VintageComics said:

Research has shown that it depends on how many people are notifying on my posts. :D

Well you have gained a following of button humpers.  EmbarrassedSolidIndri-size_restricted.gif.ad12b636469588478354361abab8cd8f.gif

Now whether they are justified or not I will leave to moderation.  

• Administrator
On 8/13/2023 at 8:07 PM, Buzzetta said:

I think the answer is no.