• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tempe, AZ LCS
1 1

7 posts in this topic

going to be in Tempe in a few days and while I've been before and will be back I haven't had time to browse any LCS' 

not sure I will have time this trip but if I do or if I find time in the near future what are the best options?

don't care too much for moderns other than cover buys ... would be interested in locations with good back issue selection, Marvel silver and bronze being the primary focus 

thanks in advance

Ash Ave Comics has almost no SA or BA back-issues. It's on University west of Mill in the heart of Tempe. 

Monster Comics has scattered amounts of SA/BA back issues, but not a lot. It's on University west of 101. 

Can't say much about Brandon Comics in Tempe, visited once but don't remember it much. 

Best bet if you can is try to head up to Fantastic Worlds way up in Scottsdale. I've bought a decent amount from them. Came dang close to snagging an ASM1 there, but the kid ahead of me got it and it really made his day. That's about the only place in Tempe/Scottsdale area that has decent SA/BA back-issues and OA too. 

Edited by jcjames

Yeah there’s not a lot for SA/BA in Tempe, most of the shops are just modern and they’ll have some random copper age key like ASM 361 on the wall for 3x FMV. Tempe is a college town though so I guess that makes sense, not a lot of college kids dropping money on SA books.

Fantastic Worlds in Scottsdale as previously mentioned is a good one. Greg’s Comics in Mesa is pretty close to Tempe and will have some selection of back issues. 

Unfortunately the best shop in Phoenix metro for back issues closed during the pandemic - All About Books and Comics.

I do not have a store but I do have thousands of SA and Bronze marvel and DCs.  I have been selling at the Long Beach show since it started and the phoenix shows since early 2000s. It is my retirement hobby although I am starting to liquidate. My storage unit is air conditioned and secure. I am probably 30-40 minutes from Tempe depending on which freeways are shut down for the week-end. Ed Robertson

On 8/8/2023 at 3:34 PM, jcjames said:

Ash Ave Comics has almost no SA or BA back-issues. It's on University west of Mill in the heart of Tempe. 

Monster Comics has scattered amounts of SA/BA back issues, but not a lot. It's on University west of 101. 

Can't say much about Brandon Comics in Tempe, visited once but don't remember it much. 

Best bet if you can is try to head up to Fantastic Worlds way up in Scottsdale. I've bought a decent amount from them. Came dang close to snagging an ASM1 there, but the kid ahead of me got it and it really made his day. That's about the only place in Tempe/Scottsdale area that has decent SA/BA back-issues and OA too. 

And Bill at Fantastic Worlds is one heck of a nice guy and true comic lover!