• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Canada - August 24-27, 2023

16 posts in this topic

On 8/9/2023 at 7:10 PM, vadacchino said:

Hey Kevin

will CGC have a booth for the event for on sight submissions and SS books  

Thanks 

Paolo

CGC will not be there. I know that Gotham Comics will be witnessing for CGC though.

Some observations from this weekend so far... First, the FXC staff in the celebrity area has been outstanding! This is a tough job and everyone was professional and wonderful. I spent most of today helping getting books signed and I got to meet Matthew Lillard and my first impression was...I remember him from "Trouble with the Curve". Then I recognized him as Shaggy. When I was at Frank Welker's table, "Matty" came up and gave Frank a big hug. I love seeing these wonderful actors just rooting for each other.

Neve Campbell and Ashley Eckstein were so great to everyone. I know the lines were long, but they spent time with their fans. Charlie Cox was great... he said that I had a "Dad" moment when I almost spoiled some football scores for him.... I could have sworn that sign said to please update him..... Alas, no harm, no yellow card.

Christina Ricci was a bit pedantic about what she would and would not sign though.

Zach Levi is the most upbeat, positive person that I have met in the past few months... I like him more each time I meet him. As I do Jon Bernthal.... he was so patient with all of my screw-ups today.

I also submitted through Grosner and still haven’t heard anything. There was CGC staff at there booth and they even did a signature series for me. But now nothing. Grossner customer service says it’s still within expected service time. It’s been close to 12 weeks which seems high. Any idea’s?