• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's been a few years, but I finally found a new collection to buy. Woohoo.

48 posts in this topic

there is a youtuber named lunch money comics. he came across a hulk 181 and that owner didn't know its value either. I mean I guess if you bought a long time ago and stopped, you really wouldn't. Prices were so different then.

On 8/11/2023 at 7:04 AM, lostboys said:

He had no idea what Hulk 181 was worth?

:jawdrop:

He knew it was a special comic, but didn't realize how special.  If the condition was like the Hulk 180 I bought it was $6000 to $7000 value

Edited by gadzukes

I asked him if he cut out any MVSs.  He said no.  I believe him cuz he would have been about 30 in the mid 70s (would a 30 year old be cutting MVSs?).

I on the other hand was about 12 years old at the time and cut out about 100 MVSs out of my comics :facepalm:

Edited by gadzukes

On 8/11/2023 at 12:01 PM, oldbsturgeon said:

there is a youtuber named lunch money comics. he came across a hulk 181 and that owner didn't know its value either. I mean I guess if you bought a long time ago and stopped, you really wouldn't. Prices were so different then.

I could see that happening in the past, but damn...my father is 80 years old and he uses Google all the time.

(shrug)

On 8/11/2023 at 11:47 AM, gadzukes said:

My last two collections have come my way from a "friend of a friend" so make sure ALL of your friends know you collect!!!!!

nice pickup! just curious if you used overstreet to let him know how you came up with your prices, or some other way. i've only bought one collection before and used a combination of gpa and overstreet...

On 8/11/2023 at 2:01 PM, alexgross.com said:

nice pickup! just curious if you used overstreet to let him know how you came up with your prices, or some other way. i've only bought one collection before and used a combination of gpa and overstreet...

I brought the current overstreet with me and that's all I used.