• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature series issues/questions/possible resolutions
2 2

2 posts in this topic

Why must a comic be sent right after signing? Why can we not get certified sigs without sending them? (seal them with a tag).  What if we want multi sigs on a graded copy when sigs may be separate venues? What if already graded? How do we get sig series? Just asking for fans that may not know and myself. Answers to these questions are not what are readily available. And have spent a lot on sigs when I was not ready to send them at signing. I understand I should have done more research as well. But, I would like to help others moving forward. Thanks in advance.

Edited by lilducky#

• Administrator

Hello @lilducky#,

Please see answers to your questions below:

Why must a comic be sent right after signing? This is because the books in order to qualify for Signature Series must retain a chain of custody. If this chain is broken, then the book would no longer qualify for Signature Series. This Chain of Custody is followed whether submitted to us at a show, through a facilitator, or through an artists account directly. This allows us to be 100% sure the signatures were witnessed.

Why can we not get certified sigs without sending them? This is just not a service we offer. If this was offered, there would be the opportunity for the seals/COAs to be recreated which would allow for fake signatures to be placed into Signature Series Labels.

What if we want multi sigs on a graded copy when sigs may be separate venues? Then the book will need to be submitted to us at the event for the first signature for verification, then cracked out by our team (or another facilitator) at the next venue to witness the next signatures.

What if already graded? The book will need to be cracked out of its holder at the show by a facilitator or by our staff to keep its chain of custody. If the book is broken out by yourself or a non facilitator it will lose its chain of custody.