• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official This Seller is on Crack thread
4 4

49 posts in this topic

On 8/19/2023 at 12:08 AM, DeadpoolJr. said:

I think he got banned/temp suspended on here a few years back hasn't been back since. 

Not before he called us all skinflints as he walked out the door 

On 8/22/2023 at 12:04 PM, John E. said:
On 8/19/2023 at 1:08 PM, DeadpoolJr. said:

I think he got banned/temp suspended on here a few years back hasn't been back since. 

Not before he called us all skinflints as he walked out the door 

Link? 

On 8/22/2023 at 12:36 PM, cloud cloddie said:

That’s the most combative one, but there are some other sales threads that aren’t very flattering. I remember there was a thread that had a lot of back and forth, but pretty sure it was scrubbed. 

lol What a psycho! 

On 8/21/2023 at 11:36 PM, cloud cloddie said:

That’s the most combative one, but there are some other sales threads that aren’t very flattering. I remember there was a thread that had a lot of back and forth, but pretty sure it was scrubbed. 

Interesting sales technique.

Had a seller with a handful of pages up... Several had been up for years... I said I might be interested in multiple.

Guy was totally polite and seemed eager to get a deal done, including saying he'd be happy to work out a deal.

I offered him an amount, saying it was the total I'd be willing to pay for the pages and shipping.

He agreed, but then right before payment asked me to pay more to cover his global shipping program fee... Saying he assumed the "total" was the total he'd be receiving, after eBay took their global shipping amount.

I have never seen someone interpret "total I will pay" that way...

I asked if he would be willing to ship another way and he declined.

So why should I have to pay more than our agreed upon amount?

Still, I was hoping we could compromise... I offered to pay half his global shipping fees (still more than the total we agreed on). He got angry...

Sigh, I feel it was mostly a misunderstanding and we should have been able to meet in the middle ... Guess not.

Edited by babsrocks31

On 8/21/2023 at 10:36 PM, cloud cloddie said:

He's pretty active and has a lot of listings on CAF. I can't really fathom the attitude - and it looks like it's a pretty classic attitude since he was acting that way six years ago. How he can be such a sourpuss when he clearly is able to sell art. I guess that if you pay his ask and everything goes smooth, you'd never know. The minute you have a question or a shipping issue, he freaks out like a 12 year old after you take away his Playstation.

I know a lot of people forgive-and-forget when it comes to COOL BOOKS, but I've got a big fat note to myself in my CAF to not buy from this guy, regardless of whatever he posts up.

On 8/29/2023 at 12:12 PM, Dr. Balls said:

He's pretty active and has a lot of listings on CAF. I can't really fathom the attitude - and it looks like it's a pretty classic attitude since he was acting that way six years ago. How he can be such a sourpuss when he clearly is able to sell art. I guess that if you pay his ask and everything goes smooth, you'd never know. The minute you have a question or a shipping issue, he freaks out like a 12 year old after you take away his Playstation.

I know a lot of people forgive-and-forget when it comes to COOL BOOKS, but I've got a big fat note to myself in my CAF to not buy from this guy, regardless of whatever he posts up.

I asked a question about some art many years ago and he flipped out on me and went on a rampage. I don’t even remember what it was that I asked. Maybe it was on one of his pages he put up for sale and I made an offer and he got really nasty about me asking for a cheaper price. And, I’m not sure he sells THAT much art. I’ve seen some of the artists he reps/repped selling their art through other people.