• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC grading scale and label changes 2 months post change
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Now that the new labels and grading scale changes have been in effect for a month and 2 months since the reveal of the changes happening how is everyone feeling about it? how do we feel about longevity? will the new labels perform better overtime with pricing compared to the competition? My thoughts are that I like the changes that have been made all around personally I think with the changes CGC will be able to take/hold rank 2 among the grading companies for longevity but for pricing I think the gem mint 10s will fall from where they're at now over time but I believe pristine 10s will hold and be worth more than the old 10s. but those are just my thoughts curious to what others think

The more time that has passed the more I have grown to like the new labels. Holding one in my hand for the first time just a few weeks ago, it looked very nice and felt how I would expect a CGC slab to feel.

Still waiting for my collection to return from reholder and to see a Pristine in person. I'm very excited to hold one of those as I really like the new gold label design.

Overall, I think going with Gem Mint 10s will be good long term. People like seeing the number 10 lol And now it's more feasible to collect every pokemon set in a CGC 10, which is the pinnacle of set collecting. I think CGC Gemt Mint 10s will always be cheaper than PSA 10s, but that was true before. Now I think the Pristine 10s long term can really make up ground on PSA 10s like BGS 10s do, and ultimately it will all come down to individual preferences on what you would like to collect. I also see CGC being very firm as #2 in the hobby going forward.