• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suspense Comics #4, Is There a Mile High Copy

8 posts in this topic

I wanted to check with the boardie's here and see if anyone has any evidence of there being a Mile High copy of Suspense Comics #4.  I don't see anything in the Heritage sales indicating they have ever sold one.  Highest grade in the CGC census is a 9.0

The original MH list includes a Suspense 4 in nm so it existed.

On 8/16/2023 at 5:18 PM, DanCooper said:

And for 15 bucks!

Outrageous.  Chuck probably still has it.

On 8/16/2023 at 5:48 PM, Robot Man said:

I remember paying those double-tripple guide prices for a pile of them at Casual con. He really bent me over huh? 

I hope you sought medical treatment. :foryou:

On 8/16/2023 at 1:56 PM, adamstrange said:

The original MH list includes a Suspense 4 in nm so it existed.

On 8/16/2023 at 2:18 PM, DanCooper said:

And for 15 bucks!

image.png

Interesting to note that it woud seem that all of the Church copies of the Suspense run have come into the marketplace already, with some on multiple occasions, with the sole exceptions being Suspense 4 and Suspense 8.  :luhv:

Even back in the day when collectors talked about the rarity of the highly sought after classic cover Suspense 3, many including yours truly said that Suspense 4 was actually the toughest of the entire run to track down.  Does any boardie here knows about the highest graded CGC 9.0 copy since it looks like it was graded not too long ago back in November of 2021.  Almost makes me wonder if it just might be the "missing" Church copy although I believe that copy would most likely be locked up in some lucky collector's  personal collection with the key thrown away?  hm

As for Suspense 8, clearly a lot more copies of this classic Cole spider cover, but none in true high grade except for the CGC 9.2 graded Promise copy.  Rather surprising that the next highest graded copy is only a CGC 7.5 with 3 of them in this grade and the last being graded back in June of 2015.  My bet is that if the Church copy ever surfaces and gets slabbed in the same grade as the Promise copy of possibly even higher, it just might have a good shot at hitting 6-figures.  Especially since the Promise copy sold for what I thought was a relatively reasonable $60K for the highest graded copy by a long shot of a classic Cole cover. :whatthe:

Either way, it would definitely be one that's worth watching if it ever does come about.  :popcorn:  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap: