• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old Signatures=Green Label or??
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I ran across something recently that confused me and was hoping CGC could clear the matter. 

I was used to seeing green labeled comics that had been signed by an artist/writer either not in CGC's presence or perhaps it was signed prior to CGC existence.

(i.e.. I personally have a Gambit #1 signed by Lee Weeks & Bob Mackie I bought in 1994)

However, recently on eBay I saw a copy of Young Allies #6  Variant (11/2010) that obviously had Arthur Adams signature on the cover yet it was a 9.0 CGC Blue Universal grade.

How does this work? If someone doesn't "want" the green label they can get a Blue or what?

(examples attached)s-l1600.thumb.jpg.3f4209548a8d2cc786fe16697b7e5bea.jpg

Any clarification is appreciated

s-l1600 (1).jpg

On 8/16/2023 at 5:59 PM, Cman429 said:

If you don’t want an ugly green label for a unwitnessed sig, you specify to CGC that you want the book graded as a blue label instead. In that case they consider the signature “a defect” or “a flaw” and downgrade your comic accordingly 

That's what I was wondering.

I wasn't sure and so I hadn't sent in about 4 comics that were signed in the '90s because I wasn't a big fan of the Green Label.

Its good to have that option. 

Thank you.