• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sotheby's sued over sale of NFTs
1 1

34 posts in this topic

On 8/18/2023 at 9:55 AM, Bronty said:

Thanks, that's interesting.

You don't think there's a common sense element of "you bought a fukkin digital file with no inherent value"?

Sure, and if it was marketed that way there'd be no case (and no market for these things). Once they crack open this walnut and show their hand and evidence of how this was sold to people we'll see if it's people being dumb with their money or people being dumb with their money because they were induced to by fraud or deception. 

On 8/19/2023 at 3:41 AM, Will_K said:

In general, going to court would open the can of worms that is the entire art market.  As has been mentioned in previous topics, there are some loose analogs between the lowly comic book art market and art sales/auctions.

To my mind it is the celebrities who got paid to hype something even they abstained from who may be the easy targets. " What do you mean I can't just open my mouth about stuff I have zero knowledge about just to make more than most people earn over many years !!!!!"

On 8/18/2023 at 3:05 AM, Bronty said:

What did they expect was going to happen?

Probably that these would jump to maybe 10 times their purchase price in a matter of months. Hey it worked when they brought crypto and they knew zilch about that either.

In court...

Sothebys atrorney to some NFT bro; "You literally purchasing nothing, then when it increased in goint rate and you bragged and gloated about it. Where was you lawsuit then????"

NFT bro;  "Buh buh buh...we're 1% ers and are entitled by the Lord to make a large profit"

Jury decision;   STFU Rich boy NFT bro and beat it.

Edited by MAR1979

Man this festering gob keeps spewing out the same manure

https://blog.gocollect.com/does-new-technology-make-you-skeptical-of-digital-collecting-heres-why-you-shouldnt-be-afraid/

BTW he things the Apes gif is/was good because it means mass adoption...

It’s already happening with terms like digital assets, digital contracts, digital collectibles and digital experiences replacing a term that instantly conveys techno-geeks & celebrities dolling out million$ for 2D apes or napkin art.  This is when mass adoption occurs, which is EXACTLY what we saw with THE INTERNET, now 100% engrained in daily life.

BTW the Moe Ron thinks engrained means ingrained

Edited by MAR1979

On 9/3/2023 at 2:28 PM, MAR1979 said:

Man this festering good keeps spewing out the same manure

https://blog.gocollect.com/does-new-technology-make-you-skeptical-of-digital-collecting-heres-why-you-shouldnt-be-afraid/

BTW he things the Apes gif is/was good because it means mass adoption...

It’s already happening with terms like digital assets, digital contracts, digital collectibles and digital experiences replacing a term that instantly conveys techno-geeks & celebrities dolling out million$ for 2D apes or napkin art.  This is when mass adoption occurs, which is EXACTLY what we saw with THE INTERNET, now 100% engrained in daily life.

BTW the Moe Ron thinks engrained means ingrained

The kind and gentle angel on my shoulder would describe his point of view as "Not Fully Objective".