• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show me your best Annual covers

64 posts in this topic

The Barry Smith/Roy Thomas Conan run was one that contributed toward changing me from a comic reader as a child, to a comic lover and collector as a teenager. I think this cover is phenomenal:

ConanAnn1.jpg

Wow. That cover is just.....stunning. Never seen it before. Gotta be the best BWS I've ever seen. cloud9.gif

The guy by Conan's left foot is starting to creep me out though.... insane.gif

gossip.gif Cap's shield isn't made of adamantium.

It's not? I thought it was some kind of admantium/vibranium alloy. Did they do some kind of origin story on his shield in the last 5 years or so (about the time I stopped buying new books)?

Anyways, if admantium is the hardest substance on earth, and Cap's shield is made of some apparently indestructible material, what happens when they are struck against each other?

It's not? I thought it was some kind of admantium/vibranium alloy. Did they do some kind of origin story on his shield in the last 5 years or so (about the time I stopped buying new books)?

Anyways, if admantium is the hardest substance on earth, and Cap's shield is made of some apparently indestructible material, what happens when they are struck against each other?

CLANK!!! CRUNCH!!! CRACK!!!

yeahok.gif You know, you don't ALWAYS have to post if you have nothing of value to add.

yeahok.gif You know, you don't ALWAYS have to post if you have nothing of value to add.

That was my contribution believe it or not. Next time take 2 pieces of the same kind of steel and smack them REALLY HARD together. Now, depending on the force or resistance given you will pretty much hear those sounds. Now, I suspect you would see a significant amount of bending in Wolverine's claws and dents in Cap's shield, if they are made of the same thing. If there are metal impurities(not likely) or forging issues then Wolverine's claws will break or Cap's shield will start to crack. This is of course, dependent upon the forces involved. Also, I am assuming that the colors on Cap's shield are painted on in some fashion. You would probably see some serious scratchs on it. Unless, the there was some process during forging, that resulted in that coloration.

The Barry Smith/Roy Thomas Conan run was one that contributed toward changing me from a comic reader as a child, to a comic lover and collector as a teenager. I think this cover is phenomenal:

ConanAnn1.jpg

Wow. That cover is just.....stunning. Never seen it before. Gotta be the best BWS I've ever seen. cloud9.gif

The guy by Conan's left foot is starting to creep me out though.... insane.gif

I've actually got several nice copies of that one. If anybody needs one.

1017654-KSConan1a.jpg

1017654-KSConan1a.jpg.5d0e485a14b9999962e8596c727dac43.jpg

Can't seem to find my original, but this was my fave as a kid. cloud9.gif

DDANNUAL4.jpg

BTW-If my LCS doesn't have one, I'll take a copy of that Conan annual. thumbsup2.gif

This was the first Daredevil annual I ever bought, purchased close to me starting to buy comics regularly. I loved it back then. I reread it a year or so ago and found it didn't hold up. Bummer. Great cover though. And I do love those pre-Miller bronze DDs.