• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best way to buy a newer Mark Bagley page? (edited)
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I'm looking to find a page by Bagley & Hennessey featuring Queen Goblin and Mary Jane. There are numerous pages like this is Amazing Spider-Man 89 and 90 (2022).

I only see the odd one online, and Bagley's rep Spencer at the artist's choice has only older pages on his (very confusing) site.

Anyone know how to get after a newer Bagley page? People are obviously buying them at reasonable rates, I just don't know how.

Btw, Bagley himself is old school and doesn't seem to have much online presence...

Edited by babsrocks31

On 8/22/2023 at 2:18 PM, babsrocks31 said:

I'm looking to find a page by Bagley & Hennessey featuring Queen Goblin and Mary Jane. There are numerous pages like this is Amazing Spider-Man 89 and 90 (2022).

I only see the odd one online, and Bagley's rep Spencer at the artist's choice has only older pages on his (very confusing) site.

Anyone know how to get after a newer Bagley page? People are obviously buying them at reasonable rates, I just don't know how.

Btw, Bagley himself is old school and doesn't seem to have much online presence...

Bagley still sells all his art through Spencer, but using his site is a dead-end because it hasn't been updated in years and Spencer also isn't known for being the most responsive online. So your best chances are either visiting his booth at a con he's attending, or he does weekly live sales with Clan McDonalds on their facebook group so you could try there (and the facebook chat during those sales is basically your best way of getting a reply from Spencer for any inquiries)

Edited by JC25427N

Thanks folks. Pulling off a deal with Spencer has been a tough nut to crack for me (I have yet to buy art from him, but do hope to one day). I will check out those sales.

Thank you all!

Edit:

I received an email from Spencer. He felt he'd been helpful to me and did not necessarily deserve (or appreciate) my 'tough nut to crack' comment.

Despite his unhappiness, his email was reasonable (I've emailed him back in kind).

I feel he may have misinterpreted what I meant by my tough nut to crack comment, but I can see how that might come across more insulting than I intended, so I'll take responsibility for it (I've since edited it for clarity). I am a big believer in taking responsibility for one's part in something, however big or small. 

I did not mean that he is bad at his job, nor dishonest in any way. In fact, this most recent interaction he was quite helpful (as was this community, per usual).

Over the past handful of years, I have had some interactions with him that were good, and some that seemed strange, vague, or non responsive. Recently, they have only been positive! Overall buying art from Spencer has felt elusive to me (Sometimes due to factors beyond Spencer's control such as my budget and Mr. Bagley's availability).

This is what I meant by 'tough nut to crack': I've yet to actually have an interaction with Spencer that has lead to me buying art, but I do hope to 'crack that' one day. That's it.  

He is clearly a busy fellow that took the time to let me know how he felt. I respect that. I've had some good and some unsatisfying experiences with him, but I understand he likely has bigger fish to fry in the comic world than selling to someone on the budget of a Canadian social worker.

My last few interactions with him were quite pleasant, fair, and informative. I sincerely hope that trend can continue, for us both!

Edited by babsrocks31
clarification, editing poor choice of words