• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Back Button
2 2

32 posts in this topic

It's mostly like that on my tablet, which I attribute to some kind of software load memory, but indeed it might not be my tablet itself. I notice it more now than I used too, but I didn't know of an "issue" to "be able to explain intelligently lol

Other sites are easy on my tablet, and yet the page here looks loaded in comic general home page, I'll click unpinned things and be taken to the first page of welcome to the boards introduce yourself thread. Ie even if the page looks loaded and I click the middle of the tablet screen it takes me as if I clicked elsewhere.

The button black to take you to the 1st unread post is extremely hard on a tablet to get pressed 1st time every time, again I notice it more than I used too, and it takes me to boardies profiles like I meant to visit it, which I did not.

These boardies buttons were available to be pressed nearby when I go back a page to click again an unread post, and sometimes they're further away not looking like a user error.

I've clicked on a 1st page of a thread on tablet to skip to the last page "to make a post" ( when there is no unread post to take me there), and when I scroll down on tablet to make the post: I click reply and it'll take me back to the top that last page, the page I'm on but back to the top, and I have to rescroll. No problem sometimes, but annoying.

All of this sounds like lag, but THAT SAID....

It only happens here, on this site, and I notice it more than I used too, but as it doesn't happen on other devices and I figured it's just the tablet, to hear others mention? I concur in shprt!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/22/2023 at 8:33 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

It's mostly like that on my tablet, which I attribute to some kind of software load memory, but indeed it might not be my tablet itself. I notice it more now than I used too, but I didn't know of an "issue" to "be able to explain intelligently lol

Other sites are easy on my tablet, and yet the page here looks loaded in comic general home page, I'll click unpinned things and be taken to the first page of welcome to the boards introduce yourself thread. Ie even if the page looks loaded and I click the middle of the tablet screen it takes me as if I clicked elsewhere.

The button black to take you to the 1st unread post is extremely hard on a tablet to get pressed 1st time every time, again I notice it more than I used too, and it takes me to boardies profiles like I meant to visit it, which I did not.

These boardies buttons were available to be pressed nearby when I go back a page to click again an unread post, and sometimes they're further away not looking like a user error.

I've clicked on a 1st page of a thread on tablet to skip to the last page "to make a post" ( when there is no unread post to take me there), and when I scroll down on tablet to make the post: I click reply and it'll take me back to the top that last page, the page I'm on but back to the top, and I have to rescroll. No problem sometimes, but annoying.

All of this sounds like lag, but THAT SAID....

It only happens here, on this site, and I notice it more than I used too, but as it doesn't happen on other devices and I figured it's just the tablet, to hear others mention? I concur in shprt!

Bit of an auto correct on my end this time, so it's fixed.

On 8/22/2023 at 7:55 PM, B2D327 said:

I’ve noticed the slow loading for about a week now and thought it was on my end but seems to depend on which device I’m using to access the site. 

Unpinned posts and clicking to first unread posts that are middle of the page, I'll click there and it'll take me to welcome to the boards thread, which would be at the top of the screen, instead of where I clicked like it hadn't fully loaded. I concur

Lol 

On 8/22/2023 at 9:18 PM, Jayman said:

This site is HORRIBLE on my iPhone now. If I pinch/zoom to see an image close up, the page reloads (slowly). When it reloads, it’s zoomed in and when I resize to normal, the page reloads yet again. Pages reload just by changing the orientation of my phone till I get the error message for the page and have to manually reload the page. It’s been happening for over a month now.

Sorry for your troubles, mine are similar but not quite as bad, but similarly when I pinch zoom in it all of a sudden jets to the upper left of the site! :(

Then I have to scroll already zoomed in, which is annoying, cause zoom will jet you to a certain portion in the upper left even when you pinched and zoomed towards the middle of the screen.

This especially happens with me on the registry signed in or out. When I click to find a set within the registry to see scores, it just did it again when I wanted to get the screenshot 

Screenshot_20230822_213122_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

This is another typical thing that happens. Images take long to load when page is loaded. Icons take a minute or so to appear. Here is what I see when a page loads. Notice blank icons.

IMG_2106.png

On 8/22/2023 at 10:24 PM, Jayman said:

This is another typical thing that happens. Images take long to load when page is loaded. Icons take a minute or so to appear. Here is what I see when a page loads. Notice blank icons.

IMG_2106.png

This. If I post a link, a share of a post for example, the site displays it as a preview 

Takes FOREVER to load and if you type under it before letting it load it screws the formatting right up

On 8/23/2023 at 12:24 AM, Jayman said:

IMG_2106.png

Main thing I notice is that you need to charge your phone dude.

On 8/22/2023 at 10:18 PM, Jayman said:

This site is HORRIBLE on my iPhone now. If I pinch/zoom to see an image close up, the page reloads (slowly). When it reloads, it’s zoomed in and when I resize to normal, the page reloads yet again. Pages reload just by changing the orientation of my phone till I get the error message for the page and have to manually reload the page. It’s been happening for over a month now.

This

On 8/23/2023 at 5:24 AM, Jayman said:

IMG_2106.png

Very similar to my experience.

Also, top part of page loads, but there’s a delay until it fills in downwards, especially if there are embedded videos and gifs.

iPhone 2020 SE, so it still has a fairly fast processor for a task like this one.

On 8/23/2023 at 9:40 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Very similar to my experience.

Also, top part of page loads, but there’s a delay until it fills in downwards, especially if there are embedded videos and gifs.

iPhone 2020 SE, so it still has a fairly fast processor for a task like this one.

Yes. Page seems to load but as you scroll downward, images still take time to load. And if I scroll too fast, guess what? Page reloads! :tonofbricks:

I use a laptop and it's been very sluggish for a few weeks. I thought it was my machine, but maybe not. I would have an IT security peep look into it. You may have been hacked. GOD BLESS ... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 8/23/2023 at 12:33 PM, CGC Mike said:

For reference, I use a laptop, and I can move around the forum at lightning speed.  

lol If it was a hacker, I wonder how much of "that" is by design" lol but js cause when mine starts working "too well" I need to update antivirus, but imo