• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGX Comics East is permanently closed for business.

12 posts in this topic

First that HeroRestoration place, now PGX. Where have all the cowboys gone? 

Edited by Cat

On 8/26/2023 at 9:23 AM, Cat said:

First that HeroRestoration place, now PGX. Where have all the cowboys gone? 

Until you mentioned HR I had not thought about that company since the pertinent (infamous) thread was locked. Apparently, it is somewhat still in business.

Now, PGX ...

I didn't realize any of their operations were still in business.  Quite amazing if you ask me, especially after all the fraud and scamming they have committed over the years. But I guess as long as they keep the encapsulation equipment in working order, you won't ever stop the enterprise hm

On 8/27/2023 at 10:42 AM, St. Unger said:

I found one of their graders selling on Whatnot, and I was banned from the stream in about 10 minutes lol

Edit: his name is uncle_bako.

As in Whatnot grade 9.8 but actually 8.0.

Probably 15 years ago (before CBCS), I bought two Iron Man 1s- both graded by PGX as 9.4s.  Cracked and subbed- both came back as 9.6 blue labels. Sometimes it is better to lucky than good. Threads on these boards gave me the "heads up" so never tried that again.