• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do you collect comic covers of a certain theme?
2 2

105 posts in this topic

I wasn't exactly sure how to word this, but I mean things like Christmas, Halloween, angels, demons, witches, vampires, mummies, gods/myths, etc. These are just examples. It can be something specific such as covers that have a photorealism art style or something broader like covers that make you laugh.

My overarching theme is "....that no one else collects". Seemingly. 

I also collect "Flying over Niagra Falls in a barrel whilst fixing a loose fascia board with a mastic bonding gun" covers. It's quite a small group  :)

I collect my family tree with Amazing Spider-Man books... right now just 3, but as my family grows, so will the display.

My wife and son have their birthday months displayed in 9.8, and mine in 9.4 (can't be that cocky to give myself a 9.8 :wink: .... plus it's pricey to get 9.8's in my birth year (shrug))

One theme I wish I’d done at the start of my collecting, but which is too pricey on some items now, is star field covers. I just think the dots against the blackness of space looks great.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 8/29/2023 at 1:29 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

I also collect "Flying over Niagra Falls in a barrel whilst fixing a loose fascia board with a mastic bonding gun" covers. It's quite a small group  :)

Pics or it doesn't exist!

On 8/29/2023 at 1:13 AM, Djedi said:

I wasn't exactly sure how to word this, but I mean things like Christmas, Halloween, angels, demons, witches, vampires, mummies, gods/myths, etc. These are just examples. It can be something specific such as covers that have a photorealism art style or something broader like covers that make you laugh.

On 8/28/2023 at 4:29 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

I bet that, like pre-Code, those books have gone quite pricey now, Steve.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 8/29/2023 at 10:07 AM, AJD said:

No mastic gun in site for @Get Marwood & I but we do have Niagara Falls and a barrel.

image.png.e437e7ab56ee4e518177563eb5524fda.png

Hmmm. Collecting "Flying over Niagra Falls in a barrel in advance of preparing a turkey dinner" books could be an interesting subset.... hm

What do you think of it so far @Djedi:)

On 8/29/2023 at 5:39 AM, Ken Aldred said:

I bet that, like pre-Code, those books have gone quite pricey now, Steve.

Indeed. They've got us over a barrel, Ken

policesquad.gif.899be616a74d9bc2abccb73e288e7579.gif