• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Member saying hi

59 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I've been lurking about here for a while and finally got up the courage to sign up and say hello. Not sure what to say in a first post. A little bit about myself. I started collecting in the early 80's, predominately Marvels (X-men,Spider-man,FF etc.), and managed to gather a complete run of x-men mostly mid-grade. I stopped collecting in the early to mid 90's for a number of reasons and never thought I'd get back in it. Then, a little over a year ago, i decided I was going to sell my collection. It had been sitting in my closet, bagged and boarded, a number of years since I last read them. I was looking for way to sell them, bought a copy of the Overstreet price guide and discovered CGC. I knew nothing about grading let alone detecting restoration and thought this would be great way to help me sell them. So, I decided to go ahead and send them in. But a funny thing happened as I was submitting them, I started to read some of them again. It was like the time that had passed never happened. I was hooked again. I found myself in the LCS, rummaging through the issues I had missed after I stopped collecting. I was as happy as a school kid. When my submissions came back from CGC, not only did I not want to sell them, I wanted to upgrade them. And that is what I've been doing for the past year. Has anyone else been so close to getting rid of their collection only to be bitten again by the bug after so many years?

Anyway, I found these forums shortly after my first submission to CGC and was amazed at the wealth of knowledge displayed on these boards. I knew I could learn a lot more about the hobby from reading them.

Casey

Welcome and let me be the first to say

get-the-newbie.jpg

Welcome to the Boards!

And just wait till the Golden age, Silver age, Horror and War genre bugs bite! tongue.gif

If you were smart you'd RUN AWAY!!!

Once you start frequenting these boards and see all of the really cool comics you didn't know existed before, your collecting budget flies through the roof. Trust me.

All that being said....

Welcome-Animated.gif

Welcome to the Boards!

And just wait till the Golden age, Silver age, Horror and War genre bugs bite! tongue.gif

If you were smart you'd RUN AWAY!!!

Once you start frequenting these boards and see all of the really cool comics you didn't know existed before, your collecting budget flies through the roof. Trust me.

All that being said....

Welcome-Animated.gif

Yes, I'd never been aware of the quality of the DC Horror and War 'til I got here. Thanks to everyone here on the boards sending me one step closer to the Poor House.

Anyhow, welcome aboard!