• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Latest Hulk = Boring *spoiler*

15 posts in this topic

Banner talks to Fury for almost the entire issue which basically broke down to setting up next issue's fight with the Hulk and the artificial intelligence construct. *Yawn*

Last issue looked like it had a little promise, but this one falls flat.

And I'm sorry but Keu Cha's Fury didn't work for me. The haircut was all wrong.

Suggestions on another title I can spend next month's Hulk money on?

Just pointing out that the point of comics is a story; and to have a story, you need to build up to the climax. Not every issue can be climactic. makepoint.gif

P.S. I don't even read Hulk, I just felt the statement was premature. You can't expect every single issue of a comic to be action packed.

You can't expect every single issue of a comic to be action packed.

True, but at the same time, you shouldn't expect an entire issue to be dull, flat, and boring. There's a big distance between "action-packed" and an entire issue of nothing but dialogue, so there's plenty of room for some of both somewhere in the middle.

I think the criticism is valid, especially considering how much comics cost these days.

Yeah, who wants to read the book, when they should contain nothing but battle panels?

Too true Hobby, but I want to read good dialogue and good story. What we had in the latest Hulk was boring dialogue sleeping.gif between only two characters---dialogue that reduced Fury to a milktoast storyteller, cept for the part where he's joking about cosmonauts from the cold war dying. Guess that part makes it a rip-roaring read. Surprised I remembered that part aren't ya? (Since it didn't have any battle panels associated with it.) And Banner's dialogue does nothing to advance his character. He once again comes across as a lost tool in the world of the Marvel universe. sleeping.gif

But congrats writer, Daniel Way. 893applaud-thumb.gif You put words in word balloons 893whatthe.gifhail.gif, words that I wish I could've said that I fully enjoyed reading. But I did read them, and I didn't fully enjoy them frown.gif. But since you did put those words in those word balloons, for the readers and you gave them all a break from those overdone battle panels devil.gif, panels which I could care less about, then the latest issue of Hulk must be a masterpiece. hail.gif

What was I thinking? confused.gif Should've detailed my critique a little better. tongue.gifsmirk.gif

Also Way's A.I. villain that Fury and Banner were yacking about reminded me of Whedon's villain in Astonishing X-Men. He lost some originality points in that department.

Unfortunately, it was stupid in astonishing, too....... gossip.gif

I tend to agree. I didn't care for the story as much. Also, what happens to the Danger Room now? Do they no longer have one with the previous functionality? That would kind of suck. Makes you wonder if it will be re-tooled to fit X-men 3 (thought it was mentioned as a possible addition).

Pat

Also Way's A.I. villain that Fury and Banner were yacking about reminded me of Whedon's villain in Astonishing X-Men. He lost some originality points in that department.

Unfortunately, it was stupid in astonishing, too....... gossip.gif

Yeah, Ord was not a great character IMO. The guy on the next cover of Hulk also vaguely reminds me of one of the villains recently in Jim Lee's Superman run.

It's what I keep saying: Everything has been done, so every new character is going to remind us of a previous one.