• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Screening Resubmitted Books for Pressing/Grading
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have been adding screening to my resubmission orders for previously graded books. I am obviously hoping that a clean/press will lead to an increase in grade. The last six books I have submitted went through the expense/time of the clean/press and grading process ($200+ per book) without any increase in grade. I am assuming that the screening process will screen out at least 50% of these books prior to going through this expense and time. Perhaps I am not understanding the extent of exactly what is involved in the screening process. Could you please briefly educate me on this process with regard to the resubmission of a previously graded book so that I can adjust my expectations? Thank you. 

• Administrator

Hello @ThornappleMeadows,

The Screening service we offer is to determine whether your comic book is a suitable candidate for Pressing.  If the service deems the books a good candidate for pressing the books will be sent through the pressing service. An important note though is that pressing does not guarantee a higher grade. Pressing is a process that can enhance the appearance of a comic book by removing non-color-breaking defects. A book can certainly benefit from a press but the grade does not change because of all the considerations of the book's grade.

I am sorry for the confusion this has caused. Let us know if you have any other questions!