• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Death of Superman
2 2

5 posts in this topic

Use this thread for slot adds:

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/516901-2023-i-want-this-to-be-added-to-a-set-request/

Use this thread for New Set Requests:

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/516902-2023-this-set-doesnt-exist-please-build-requests/

We use these threads to keep track of edits to the Registry, and it allows others to see what changes are made.

@ChanceDuncan@wytshus

Recommend new set for the 30th Anniversary books.  Not additions to the existing DOS set.

Previous Admin and Users collaborated several years ago and decided the Superman (Doomsday! Funeral for a Friend Reign of the Supermen) set would be limited to the original books published from 1992-1993.  At that time other reprints were also removed such as the 2005 MOS 19 reprint, as well as the Platinum TPB. Set was also renamed at that time to reflect this.

@Brandon Shepherd 

Edited by Iconic1s

On 9/6/2023 at 7:42 PM, Iconic1s said:

@ChanceDuncan@wytshus

Recommend new set for the 30th Anniversary books.  Not additions to the existing DOS set.

Previous Admin and Users collaborated several years ago and decided the Superman (Doomsday! Funeral for a Friend Reign of the Supermen) set would be limited to the original books published from 1992-1993.  At that time other reprints were also removed such as the 2005 MOS 19 reprint, as well as the Platinum TPB. Set was also renamed at that time to reflect this.

@Brandon Shepherd 

I second making a new, separate set only for the Death of Superman 30th Anniversary books.

Edited by Brandon Shepherd

Im just to the coin world and NGC's registry where its way more user friendly but what i have seen so far is that you couldnt have a registry like NGC's with comics just based on the shear volume of comics and then you add variants. In coins it would be like VAM's vams :

VAM is an acronym for the die varieties of Morgan and Peace dollar coins. The term comes from the first initials of the last names of the two people who studied and cataloged the die differences: Leroy Van Allen and A. George Mallis. Their work led to the book The Comprehensive Catalog and Encyclopedia of Morgan and Peace Dollars. 

Coins are produced by pressing two coin dyes onto a blank planchet under extreme pressure. One dye is for the obverse and one is for the reverse. These dyes have a limited lifespan and are often changed out.

And on some of the Morgans there are literally hundreds of vams and NGC only acknowledges them if they are on one of 3 list  ... Top100, Hot 50, and Hit List 40 so when you get a coin graded there is an "+ Add Coin" button and when you click it will add it to your registry and then provide you with a list of sets that that coin qualifies and then you highlight the ones you want to add it to and hit submit and its done.... Im kinda completionist at heart and to be honest an inventory nerd meaning I love to inventory my collections.... Sorry now Im ranting but I agree that the 30th anniversary should have its own set and not be added to any  other set... Also @Brandon Shepherd @Iconic1s if you want to discuss ideas on these things I would love to run some ideas and what not by you guys