• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The entire chat forum will be temporarily unavailable on September 11th
6 6

119 posts in this topic

On 9/13/2023 at 2:51 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Did I miss this hm

it WAS pinned at the top, happened early morning Monday....

Lost some posts and etc but wasn't too much of a hassle that I'm aware of, other than getting the "new forum add-ons" up and running, even after the update. Wasn't much else, I almost thought it would be an all day thing, but it had happened early last Saturday too, and affected about the same amount of time....

Wasn't much to miss :cheers: 

On 9/14/2023 at 3:58 AM, Galen130 said:

Testing, testing…

Yup, I’m still crazy for putting up with this glitchy-azz website. :facepalm:

Amen to that. I'm getting logged out basically daily now. I'm :censored:ing sick of it. 

@CGC Mike when is something going to be done about this glitch, this has reached the stage of ridiculous, and it's sucked all the fun out of coming here. 

• Administrator
On 9/16/2023 at 10:30 AM, Shazbot said:

It really is making coming here a frustrating experience. Pages with long strings of pics are almost impossible to enjoy.

The forum works great for me.  I have sent an e-mail to web help.  They are going to want more info.  So, I recommend people post their specific problem(s) you are having with the chat forum.  

On 9/16/2023 at 8:09 PM, CGC Mike said:

The forum works great for me.  I have sent an e-mail to web help.  They are going to want more info.  So, I recommend people post their specific problem(s) you are having with the chat forum.  

For me it’s trying to zoom in and out, every attempt ends with the error message I posted above. Happens on IPad and IPhone, both devices fully updated(16.6.1). Sometimes refreshing fixes it but other time I have to shut down the browser.

I'm just having to constantly log in. Leave the site for another, come back. Log in again. Remember Me on or off? It seems to do better with it off, strangely. It was bad, but lately it's hyper-bad, and really turns me off wanting to come here, as it's so frustrating it's more trouble than it's worth. It happens around daily, sometimes more than daily, sometimes a bit less, so daily is a fair statement, probably a bit more. 

• Administrator

This is what I was told.  Please post any info that might help to resolve the problems.  

As authentication to the chatboard is tied to their account on our website the duration is subject to the policies there.  The duration is set to the session length which will generally end if the browser is closed or they are idle too long.  This is different than the issue where they would be signed into the website but not the forums which was resolved.

Do you know if these users are accessing the boards via a computer or mobile?

3 times I've checked the forums today. Each time I've had to log in, and close that insipid pop-up, and waste time on the process. It's a huge turn-off to coming here.

This just happened on a simple copy and paste in response to the story thread, as my story was similar to @bc and cmon, it got me looking crazy.

If I wasn't at home and through with dinner it would have been posted even crazier, and now I can not post in that thread on my phone @CGC Mike because there is no clear editor, and it doesn't have a post button either. I can't even post it to then delete it. Very unfortunate for anyone trying to make sense 😕

Screenshot_20230922-191249.png

Screenshot_20230922-191245.png

Screenshot_20230922-191240.png

Screenshot_20230922-191227.png

On 9/22/2023 at 7:16 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

This just happened on a simple copy and paste in response to the story thread, as my story was similar to @bc and cmon, it got me looking crazy.

If I wasn't at home and through with dinner it would have been posted even crazier, and now I can not post in that thread on my phone @CGC Mike because there is no clear editor, and it doesn't have a post button either. I can't even post it to then delete it. Very unfortunate for anyone trying to make sense 😕

Lol screenshots aren't as clear, but all that was copy and pasted in a spoiler, even looks like the regular page, but it got put in a post with no way to clear it before posting..

Sigh

• Administrator
On 9/22/2023 at 8:16 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I am not sure what is happening.  Can you tell me a little more clearly what the problem is?  You can't post in a thread?  If I send this to web help, they are not going to know what is happening either.  If they can't replicate it, they can't fix it.

On 9/22/2023 at 7:31 PM, CGC Mike said:

I am not sure what is happening.  Can you tell me a little more clearly what the problem is?  You can't post in a thread?  If I send this to web help, they are not going to know what is happening either.  If they can't replicate it, they can't fix it.

Here is the post that won't delete in the "tell me your story thread" In comics general created by @Hudson

I typed out this long post, wanted to copy and paste other text in a spoiler. I copied only the text portion from another thread or pm, and when I pasted 

It pasted the info in the following pics, which includes, your profile for some odd reason, and clear down to the CGC logo that is found at the bottom of the page...where the "contact cgc info is." I didn't copy it, but it pasted and won't delete from the post and I can't submit it again to delete, as that part of the post has disappeared.

It clearly takes up a page and is hard to screenshot. Especially since it is not able to be cleared by refreshing and using the clear editor that usually pops up to delete previously saved text. The screenshot on the phone takes up several pics and is hard to show you in this post where I have to use screenshots.

When I had copied the original text the plan all along was to paste in a spoiler. Here is a screenshot to show you when I pasted in the spoiler that it includes all the extra stuff I mentioned. If you look at the beginning and last pic you can see it was copy and pasted in a spoiler, and now I'm telling you it won't delete, which made me retype on another device of what I intended in the first place.

Screenshot_20230922-193945.png

Screenshot_20230922-193959.png

Screenshot_20230922-194013.png

I guess in short... I guess

When I go to to this thread?

On my phone, when I want to reply, it has saved text that cannot be deleted nor cleared no matter how much I refresh or click within to use the manual delete button.

On 9/22/2023 at 7:48 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Here is the post that won't delete in the "tell me your story thread" In comics general created by @Hudson

I typed out this long post, wanted to copy and paste other text in a spoiler. I copied only the text portion from another thread or pm, and when I pasted 

It pasted the info in the following pics, which includes, your profile for some odd reason, and clear down to the CGC logo that is found at the bottom of the page...where the "contact cgc info is." I didn't copy it, but it pasted and won't delete from the post and I can't submit it again to delete, as that part of the post has disappeared.

It clearly takes up a page and is hard to screenshot. Especially since it is not able to be cleared by refreshing and using the clear editor that usually pops up to delete previously saved text. The screenshot on the phone takes up several pics and is hard to show you in this post where I have to use screenshots.

When I had copied the original text the plan all along was to paste in a spoiler. Here is a screenshot to show you when I pasted in the spoiler that it includes all the extra stuff I mentioned. If you look at the beginning and last pic you can see it was copy and pasted in a spoiler, and now I'm telling you it won't delete, which made me retype on another device of what I intended in the first place.

Screenshot_20230922-193945.png

Screenshot_20230922-193959.png

Screenshot_20230922-194013.png

Those screenshots just happen to be what is in the post that won't delete.

Somehow I copied text and instead it copied and pasted all that extra stuff that is hard to get a clear screenshot of, as it takes up so much room, and I'm on a phone with a small screen.

Anyway cheers. :)

• Administrator
On 9/22/2023 at 8:48 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I can pass this post along to web help.  Would you like me to delete the post?