• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The entire chat forum will be temporarily unavailable on September 11th
6 6

119 posts in this topic

On 9/22/2023 at 8:06 PM, CGC Mike said:

I can pass this post along to web help.  Would you like me to delete the post?

Idk that it would help. I can't clear the reply portion on my end on my phone.

When I go to reply it has all that junk that was mistakenly copy and pasted. The submit button is not there in the screenshot, so I can't submit it then delete it.

Here is a screenshot of when I refresh this page of this post in this thread on the phone:

It gives me the choice for a "clear editor on it" that would erase this post, which I can't do in that thread...

It has saved all that screenshots of copy and paste as a "reply" so that I can't post with my phone in the tell me a tale thread..

Screenshot_20230922-201323.png

On 9/22/2023 at 8:23 PM, CGC Mike said:

I logged in to your account and did not see the reply button either.  That is very strange.  

Only in that thread correct? And it has the saved reply that I tried to make saved?

I eventually got it posted by retyping on my tablet, so no need to delete the post.

On 9/22/2023 at 8:16 PM, Hudson said:

@ADAMANTIUM

I just looked at your post on my phone (quickly) and it looks good to me.  

I hope you do not delete it.   I look forward to reading it. 

Thank you for sharing.  

It's appreciated. I should have been more specific that I can no longer post in that thread because of the 'saved reply" that I attribute to the copy and paste boards messup lol

That and the saved reply is unsuitable. With no submit button. Otherwise I'd submit it too, then delete and hide it. I tried refreshing but it has not clear editor upon refresh, that it normally has, idk

Screenshot_20230922-201323.png

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/22/2023 at 8:23 PM, CGC Mike said:

I logged in to your account and did not see the reply button either.  That is very strange.  

Lol I know sometimes I be crazy, but when trying to prove I'm not, LOOK OUT  :insane:

:roflmao:

• Administrator
On 9/22/2023 at 9:29 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol I know sometimes I be crazy, but when trying to prove I'm not, LOOK OUT  :insane:

:roflmao:

It's a good thing that you already have a custom title...

On 9/12/2023 at 2:42 PM, Get Marwood & I said:
On 9/12/2023 at 2:18 PM, Galen130 said:

I am devastated that I lost my 21k post count.  I may cry.  I don’t care for my ‘popularity’ being screwed with.  MY WHOLE LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!!! :pullhair: (tsk):sumo:

:bigsmile:

I don't give a flying fart at a rolling doughnut myself, but there are some here that might. I'm more concerned that it may represent missing content.

I noticed this morning that some posts that I made in the test area did not add to my overall post count so that may explain the reduction that followed the upgrade. I expect they have made them ineligible to stop people from using the test area to reach the post count figure necessary to view certain forums - sale etc. 

On 9/23/2023 at 6:10 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

I noticed this morning that some posts that I made in the test area did not add to my overall post count so that may explain the reduction that followed the upgrade. I expect they have made them ineligible to stop people from using the test area to reach the post count figure necessary to view certain forums - sale etc. 

Most if my posts came from a few sales threads I ran since about May.  My count dropped by a couple hundred or more, which would be everything I posted over the summer.  I don't post as much as I used to...just fed up with the same issues over and over again.

The post count is working for me now, but I don't really care.  My previous comments about it were for fun. 🤣🤣🤣

On 9/23/2023 at 11:23 AM, CGC Mike said:

Can you make some posts in regular English while you're there? 

:devil:

On 9/22/2023 at 8:26 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I tried refreshing but it has not clear editor upon refresh, that it normally has, idk

On 9/23/2023 at 9:49 AM, Cat said:

Can you make some posts in regular English while you're there? 

:devil:

And thusly a star imminated from beyond, translucently upon reflection, and saying, "take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty 😍😻

I'm guessing "it rounds upwards" as well lol 31,000 to 32k image.png.bb3c7695caeeccc8f6c119897fe9d6c4.png

On 9/23/2023 at 7:10 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

and then what is this when I quote you? ??? @Cat It is like they don't want me to "make sense" on purpose doh! image.png.aeccf14d9f974cad7854c517fffbd908.png edit to say when I posted this last screenshot, @Get Marwood & I name is "spelled correctly", at least I took the screenshot to "prove what it is I'm seeing on my end" :sorry: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/23/2023 at 4:04 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

doh! image.png.aeccf14d9f974cad7854c517fffbd908.png edit to say when I posted this last screenshot, @Get Marwood & I name is "spelled correctly", at least I took the screenshot to "prove what it is I'm seeing on my end"

This forum has never liked the ampersand...

That is just what I took a screenshot of the reply and whatever was inside of it when opened.

That "saved minutiae is a lot longer, but gard to screenshot as it's a big post. It has the top title as you can see, but if my keyboard typing wasn't in the way, I could have scrolled down and taken like 3 screenshots, as it had all the posts in the thread clear down to the contact us info on a regular cgc page.

Meaning it's the whole loaded page, somehow saved in my reply when I open it up. 

• Administrator
On 9/23/2023 at 6:12 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@CGC Mike more saved reply stuff when I open a reply to post.

This wasn't a copy and paste or anything, it was just there for some odd reason...  :cheers:

I just tested your account.  I was able to start a thread in the testing area.  I went to the comic memes thread and was able to quote and reply.  I could not find anything wrong with your account at this time.

On 9/24/2023 at 9:56 AM, CGC Mike said:

I just tested your account.  I was able to start a thread in the testing area.  I went to the comic memes thread and was able to quote and reply.  I could not find anything wrong with your account at this time.

Could you now run a battery of tests on Addy himself please. There's a few screws loose there. 

Spoiler

:jokealert: