• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink Auction
2 2

34 posts in this topic

On 9/7/2023 at 9:03 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Thanks…,that’s a very telling reserve considering it sold recently for $63K on HA.

after sales tax and shipping on the HA purchase, and after clinks 10% commission on the $70K, the seller would have taken a small hit

Mounted on foam core is a big turn off for many, perhaps

On 9/7/2023 at 8:17 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Overall, prices for the majority of items were soft…a good buying opportunity for those into Bagley and J Scott Campbell art…prices were very soft on these items.

the Art Adams Nightcrawler cover and Batgirl were also particularly poor performers.

the McSpidey half-splash at $51K … on the one hand, seemed kinda light for a half splash, but it featured d-level villains.  Yet it had a great ‘discombobulated hips’ Spidey middle panel.  I was expecting $50K at the very low end, $75K at the upper end.

also noticed a lot more items than usual with reserve prices.  Perhaps a hedge against another unscheduled shutdown? Decreased confidence in Clink’s performance? A weakening market?

Thoughts?

Maybe consignors not wanting to lose their pants on their art?

The Ragman splash was actually by Broderick and Tanghal with breakdowns by Giffen and has almost no visible Giffen art at all. Breakdowns they may be, but that art is almost entirely by Broderick and Tanghal and anyone who knows anything about Giffen and Broderick art can see that.

On 9/7/2023 at 8:46 AM, cloud cloddie said:

Flip protection. 

IMG_7936.jpeg

Saw a lot of MK pieces that almost all came from the same person which were pieces that had been at auction in recent years, some more than once. The MK #1 page I recall sold on Heritage originally for around $3,500 but had a reserve of over $29,600 here which it didn't hit. The cover was nice I thought and went for a nice price for the buyer compared to the first cover from that series that sold for I think double a few years back on Clink. Somewhat expected I guess since the artist isn't well known.

Edited by DeadpoolJr.

On 9/7/2023 at 5:42 PM, Michael Browning said:

The Ragman splash was actually by Broderick and Tanghal with breakdowns by Giffen and has almost no visible Giffen art at all. Breakdowns they may be, but that art is almost entirely by Broderick and Tanghal and anyone who knows anything about Giffen and Broderick art can see that.

The splash is page 24 in the issue, the end page to the story. HA listed the page number correctly, Comiclink did not (they had it as page 1). Per credits, Broderick only worked on page 22.

RCO025_1583817291.jpg

On 9/8/2023 at 11:07 AM, lobrac said:

The splash is page 24 in the issue, the end page to the story. HA listed the page number correctly, Comiclink did not (they had it as page 1). Per credits, Broderick only worked on page 22.

RCO025_1583817291.jpg

This is an awful lot of discussion about a comic no one read and a character who was cool for about five seconds in 1977

Does anyone have thoughts on the Bloom County daily strip’s hammer price of $2001.00.  It had Opus in all the panels.  It provided the first look at the offspring of Rosebud the Basselope and Hodge-Pudge.

I’m alway curious about any information on the strip as it was a favorite of mine to read in the 1980’s.  I’d like to add an example of the strip to my collection in the future.  Thanks.

Edited by Lucky Baru