• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink Auction
2 2

34 posts in this topic

On 9/6/2023 at 8:15 PM, cloud cloddie said:

It was interesting seeing some of the pieces purchased not long ago, offered several times since, not even come close to the reserves. 

Could be from a single seller.  Maybe buyer's remorse or raising funds for something else.  

Mixed bag but definitely on the soft side as you said the Thor covers where soft , the mad X-men page sold for a ton more within the year (someone took a bath on that)

Clink auction timing also continues to confound me.. two days after Labor Day, kids starting school.. against a heritage auction at the same time . They either have really bad luck with timing or don’t really consider what’s going on in the rest of the world. 

Thought the Sale DV DPS went low but the LH page fighting Scarecrow did ok. The Adams Batgirl commission went low and it’s a beauty. 
The MK #1 page did not meet reserve? Great battle page by Sienkiewicz. 
TOS 97 complete story seemed low but just an observation. Don’t have the data on hand. 

Seems as the prices are softening ALMOST enough to get me off the sidelines. I had my finger on the the button for two pages if there weren't a little bidding at the end I would have landed one. With Comiclink you can have more pieces end without a flurry of bidding at the close. If they fell through the cracks - I was in the basement ready to catch em ; ) 

On 9/7/2023 at 7:00 AM, fsumavila said:

The 2 pages from Dazzler #4 sold for very strong prices, $2700 & $2500. Those are the highest prices yet for any Dazz pages at auction, outside the splash from #3 and a 1/2 splash from #2. 
didn't really keep an eye on the rest of the auction, purposely, as I'm waiting on the heritage auction.

There was also this page, sold back in 2018 for 3.3K

image.jpeg.2d5bda025abf3d98eee670226fb28aca.jpeg

Overall, prices for the majority of items were soft…a good buying opportunity for those into Bagley and J Scott Campbell art…prices were very soft on these items.

the Art Adams Nightcrawler cover and Batgirl were also particularly poor performers.

the McSpidey half-splash at $51K … on the one hand, seemed kinda light for a half splash, but it featured d-level villains.  Yet it had a great ‘discombobulated hips’ Spidey middle panel.  I was expecting $50K at the very low end, $75K at the upper end.

also noticed a lot more items than usual with reserve prices.  Perhaps a hedge against another unscheduled shutdown? Decreased confidence in Clink’s performance? A weakening market?

Thoughts?

Some of the stuff I was tracking.  

DD splash (which was awesome), a little lighter than I expected.

Peanuts Peppermint Patty daily - on the weak side, I suspect Tim was happy to snag it given he is the #1 PP fan :baiting:

Romita Spiderman cover - Very strong price

Nova page - on the high side but not a crazy price

IMG_0890.jpeg

On 9/7/2023 at 8:25 AM, batman_fan said:

Some of the stuff I was tracking.  

DD splash (which was awesome), a little lighter than I expected.

Peanuts Peppermint Patty daily - on the weak side, I suspect Tim was happy to snag it given he is the #1 PP fan :baiting:

Romita Spiderman cover - Very strong price

Nova page - on the high side but not a crazy price

IMG_0890.jpeg

Can’t speak to the DD splash or the Peppermint Patty strip, but I thought the Romita Spidey cover wasn’t a very strong price at all.  It ended exactly where it should.

the Sal Buscema Nova page wasn’t on the high side at all.  In fact, it underperformed 

Barry Windsor-Smith Conan the Barbarian #5 Cover

Sold for $60,000 at Heritage on August 3, 2018

Re-sold for $61,000 on March 2, 2021

Re-sold for $70,000 at ComicLink on September 6, 2023

image.thumb.png.96e00068ff64a576db52289af1b052ab.png

Edited by delekkerste