• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You think there's a way to pump-and-dump Dazzler #1?

22 posts in this topic

On 9/7/2023 at 3:07 PM, NoMan said:

Umm..I've got a friend that has 50 of them, you know, just asking for him

If I had less scruples and had more freetime, I'd do the following:

1.  Create an instagram and twitter and facebook account with a semi-official sounding name that is marvel related, like "DisneyMarvelNews", make maybe 5 accounts for each platform.

2.  Every day for 3 weeks (or longer), retweet a mix of real and rumored Marvel/Deadpool/Xmen movie/tv news on the created social media.  Occasionally (but rarely) retweet between accounts you control.

2.5 Occasionally retweet these directly at the celebrities involved in, make sure you get some related hashtags.

3.  Scour the internet for pictures of people cosplaying Dazzler, ideally something with a pose that matches the cover of Dazzler 1, and looks like Taylor Swift

4.  Photoshop a picture of Taylor Swift onto the picture you found of Dazzler.

5.  Create a professional looking headline (no article needed) using the Dazzler #1 cover AND the Taylor Swift photoshop.  Tweet and post across all platforms you control, with something like "Disney Insiders confirm that Taylor Swift is in consideration to do Marvel Dazzler movie!".  And make a few more of those headlines to post basically posting the same thing.  Then make sure to retweet/share those to any other Taylor Swift/marvel/dazzler/xmen fan sites.  

On 9/7/2023 at 5:10 PM, revat said:

If I had less scruples and had more freetime, I'd do the following:

1.  Create an instagram and twitter and facebook account with a semi-official sounding name that is marvel related, like "DisneyMarvelNews", make maybe 5 accounts for each platform.

2.  Every day for 3 weeks (or longer), retweet a mix of real and rumored Marvel/Deadpool/Xmen movie/tv news on the created social media.  Occasionally (but rarely) retweet between accounts you control.

2.5 Occasionally retweet these directly at the celebrities involved in, make sure you get some related hashtags.

3.  Scour the internet for pictures of people cosplaying Dazzler, ideally something with a pose that matches the cover of Dazzler 1, and looks like Taylor Swift

4.  Photoshop a picture of Taylor Swift onto the picture you found of Dazzler.

5.  Create a professional looking headline (no article needed) using the Dazzler #1 cover AND the Taylor Swift photoshop.  Tweet and post across all platforms you control, with something like "Disney Insiders confirm that Taylor Swift is in consideration to do Marvel Dazzler movie!".  And make a few more of those headlines to post basically posting the same thing.  Then make sure to retweet/share those to any other Taylor Swift/marvel/dazzler/xmen fan sites.  

Damn dude, sounds like you've done this before. Thanks!

I hate to spoil all the fun, but this book is consistently selling for $15-$20, and there are a lot of copies moving right now with all the Deadpool 3/Taylor Swift rumours.

Your, um,  “friend’s” 50 copies would have cost him $25 new, and he can get $1,000 now. What’s he waiting for?

On 9/8/2023 at 7:40 PM, Brock said:

I hate to spoil all the fun, but this book is consistently selling for $15-$20, and there are a lot of copies moving right now with all the Deadpool 3/Taylor Swift rumours.

Your, um,  “friend’s” 50 copies would have cost him $25 new, and he can get $1,000 now. What’s he waiting for?

Umm, my friend paid $20 each for them. Do you see them selling for over 20$?

On 9/11/2023 at 2:52 PM, NoMan said:

Umm, my friend paid $20 each for them. Do you see them selling for over 20$?

Yikes. Poor choice. It’s sad but I feel like new collectors skipped over the education of how books like Dazzler 1 and Eternals 1 and She Hulk 1 laid in dollar bins from their inception all through the 80s and into the 90s. Not because they were missed…because nobody cared and honestly, they weren’t that great (altho I have a soft spot for Eternals). And so it’s no shock to me that these types of books are the ones that have fallen hardest in terms of the values they hit over the last 3 years. 

on the flip side, the smart folks who bought 4 for a quarter in the 80s and 90s are getting a happy little return they probably felt never would come 

On 9/14/2023 at 12:55 PM, the blob said:

that is cray, what we he/she/you thinking? 

it's a joke. I bought 50 of them upon release falling for the hype (hey I was 12 or so) I bagged and boarded them all, making notations about some sort of color/printing errors on each copy. ???

On 9/14/2023 at 4:04 PM, NoMan said:

it's a joke. I bought 50 of them upon release falling for the hype (hey I was 12 or so) I bagged and boarded them all, making notations about some sort of color/printing errors on each copy. ???

And you had 35 years after that to buy more copies at the same price...