• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM (Pristine?) SS 11
2 2

6 posts in this topic

I am admittedly an amateur grader but this Silver Surfer 11 looks almost flawless to me.  Can you give me your thoughts on what’s wrong with it and an estimated grade?

a few things:

-there are a few non-color breaking ticks on the front spine

-the price box on the top left is a little dirty 

I assume these can be addressed with a clean and press

-there is a crease on the back cover, but I believe this is considered a common printing issue and doesn’t impact the grade.

thanks as always for your insights!

IMG_7486.jpeg

IMG_7487.jpeg

IMG_7488.jpeg

IMG_7489.jpeg

IMG_7490.jpeg

IMG_7491.jpeg

IMG_7492.jpeg

IMG_7493.jpeg

IMG_7494.jpeg

IMG_7495.jpeg

That looks like  printers crease. Given it's length & location, it would keep an otherwise perfect book down to 9.4. It is wrong to say a manufacturing defect doesn't impact the grade, it's right to think of the impact to be much less than the equivalent handling defect. There's a color breaking crease in the BRFC right in the window of the house. The back cover looks discolored, especially the bottom edge. The splotchy-nes has the look of foxing, which isn't removeable. 8.0/8.5