• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you had $2,000 to buy one comic which would it be?

52 posts in this topic

Avengers # 4

I'm very surprised by the un-esotericness of your choice!

poke2.gif He must be trying to suck up to the Marvel zombies. Peer pressure is an awfully powerful weapon in the wrong hands.

confused.gif For one, I sure as heck wouldn't buy one of those cootie-infested DCs. tongue.gif Second, Avengers is the only title for which I am actually working on a run. Might never have mentioned that maybe. Of course, for $2,000 ( gossip.gif and most likely for far less than that) I know I can finish my run and move on to better things.

iron man # 1 -- 9.8 ?

journey into mystery # 112 -- 9.8 ?

You couldnttouch a JiM 112 9.8 with a stick with 2k.

A nice 9.4-9.6 maybe.

A J.I.M. #112 in 9.6 sold for $10k. 9.4 copies usually trade for around $4k. It's difficult to know how much a 9.8 would sell for.

Little Dot #1 (First Richie Rich and Little Dot) in 8.0

Richie Rich #1 8.5

Any 1959 Archie.... #1 in 9.0 or better

Uncle Scrooge #1 FC 386 (1953 but close enough) 9.4

Avengers 57 9.8

ASM 39 9.4

Flash 123 in 9.0 - 9.2

FF 25 9.2

FF48 or 49 9.6

Silver Surfer 4 9.6

The prices a around $2000 give or take

If this were a modern thread, I'd say an outstanding copy of Hulk #181 insane.gif

Bronze Age, a great Giant X-Men #1...

But since this is a Silver Age thread, I think my silver age book for choice for about $2000 would be an amazing copy of either ASM #9 or Flash #110.

the comic I most want to buy today for 2000 is one that's worth 3000.

That defeats the point of the exercise. I move that aman's comments be stricken from the record.

yeah, but I was honest! that counts for something... Im in good shape with all my keys so Id only look for a good deal for my 2K. Also, 2K book in HG nowadays doesnt even buy a Bronze key anymore, so its pretty hard to find a purchase to make for me. So stricken me if you must!

I'm in good shape with all my keys so I'd only look for a good deal for my 2K.

Rub it in why don't ya? poke2.gif Some of use weren't fortunate to have been collecting SA keys 15 years ago when they were dirt cheap.

Also, 2K book in HG nowadays doesnt even buy a Bronze key anymore, so its pretty hard to find a purchase to make for me.

Who said it had to be HG? Are you inferring that only HG comics matter? poke2.gif

So stricken me if you must!

I must! makepoint.giftongue.gif