• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Red Sonja #1 1:300 variant?

12 posts in this topic

Investing in them? That's a tough one. I want to say no. The series is pretty good but it's no where near as good as Conan. I just don't see a dedicated quality team in the long run. And that's why I think it wouldn't be a good investment. On the other hand, it does have a good following now and they have kept the quality relatively high. A 300 to 1 ratio is pretty good for today's variants. If you can get it cheap, it might be worth it. Always hard to tell with independant books. Could be trash or a treasure.

Sorry I wasn't much help.

Pat

Is this the one you were talking about:

1 in 300 RRP Variant - Red Sonja

The other problem I see is a saturation of variants for the title. There has only been a few issues but there are a million variants. Personally, I think New Avengers tanked some of their steam by doing a supposedly rare variant for every single issue. They really should have spaced it out so as not to burn people out.

Pat

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

The difference for me this time is i will pick the best cover and buy 1 as opposed to buying 50 xfactor 1 and X-men 1 gatefolds that are still sitting in long boxes. Heck the mice won't even eat them.

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

The difference for me this time is i will pick the best cover and buy 1 as opposed to buying 50 xfactor 1 and X-men 1 gatefolds that are still sitting in long boxes. Heck the mice won't even eat them.

Well, I just got a pretty good deal I think on every single variant of Red Sonja #1, included an autographed one. I'll take my chances. I like most of the covers anyway.

I agree with this and practice it. I made the dumb mistake of buying tons of variants in the 90s. Today, I see it as a win-win. I can choose the cool cover and the variant collector can collect a million variants. As I stated before though, I really think too many variants makes people run from the book.

Pat

I agree with this and practice it. I made the dumb mistake of buying tons of variants in the 90s. Today, I see it as a win-win. I can choose the cool cover and the variant collector can collect a million variants. As I stated before though, I really think too many variants makes people run from the book.

Pat

Yeah, the purchase I just made was basically for the 1:300 variant, but I get all the regular edition variants and the 1:65 variants as a bonus.

I sold a 1in300 for my LCS a month ago VF+ (I think/) ungraded for about 90.00. I was surprised by the final price. If someone has a 9.8 they may be quite lucky as he received a damaged copy, complained, and got another damaged book sent to him. The white covers he had, had scuff marks on them but...they still sold pretty well.