• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

no more Csg! thoughts on CGC?
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I would like to know whether this move was to allow CCG to grade non-sport, non-TCG cards. It seems CGC only graded TCG cards and CSG only graded sports(-themed) cards, which meant all those Marvel and DC cards simply had nowhere to go within the CCG family.

Also, I would like to know whether new/black CGC will use the vague CGC grading standards or the slightly less vague CSG grading standards.

Also, does CGC taking the brand lead mean we’ll start seeing “miscut” labeled cards on the sport end? It would be great to be able to “upgrade” my 2.5 Messier RC to a 8.5 “miscut” card. :D After all, we all know that the CGC side of things somehow has an audience that places a premium on severe centering issues.

On 8/9/2023 at 2:19 AM, TwoYewts said:

NK, I believe BamaFan is listing on eBay (bamafancards)

I finally got around to checking out their listings… VERY overpriced… like their prices are higher than I would expect people to ask for the same cards in PSA equivalent slabs.

On 8/19/2023 at 2:58 PM, northkorea said:

I finally got around to checking out their listings… VERY overpriced… like their prices are higher than I would expect people to ask for the same cards in PSA equivalent slabs.

I checked out their cards about a week ago and ended up making an offer on 2 cards which they accepted.  Not saying I ended up getting a crazy good deal, but felt I paid a reasonable price for them.  

On 8/20/2023 at 6:37 AM, Junk Wax Addict said:

I checked out their cards about a week ago and ended up making an offer on 2 cards which they accepted.  Not saying I ended up getting a crazy good deal, but felt I paid a reasonable price for them.  

I didn’t see the best offer as a choice on the listings as I was scrolling.