• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Third party purchase of mis-labeled CSG/CGC encased cards
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Figured this would be a topic relevant to most CGC subscribers/members.  I plan on contacting support directly to see what answer they reply with as well.

The question is, if a CSG/CGC card is purchased from a third party (eBay, card shop, card show vendor, etc) and it has an incorrect label, can the card be submitted back to CGC as a mechanical error at no cost? I know that the policy is that mechanical errors can be sent back to CGC within 14 days of receiving back your submitted cards to have the correct label applied to the card at no cost. But if you purchase a card third party you are not the original submitter. So I'm looking for input on what would apply to this scenario.  I would think that CGC would want the card corrected to properly reflect in registry and pop reports but should the collector bear the cost?

Thoughts anyone?

• Administrator

Hello @TwoYewts,

Good question! If a card has wrong information it will fall under the Mechanical Error (ME) process. However, because our submission form does not allow for MEs to be added after 14 days you will need to contact service@cgccards.com for special instructions on how to return this for correction. These instructions must be followed directly so you are not charged for the label correction. Rest assured, we will get this taken care of for you. Please be sure to include an image of the front and back of each card with the label visible and with an explanation of the error on the label so our team can review this directly with our graders. Let us know if you have any other questions.