• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2000ad Prog 2
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

Looking for some opinions on whether I should look to get some issues of 2000ad graded and encapsulated with CGC. This would be a means to an end as my ultimate ambition would be to sell them once this is done. Given their (possible lack of?) quality (and in this case imperfect free gift) I wasn't sure if getting them slabbed would be worth the expense. I live in the UK.

Prog 2 - Has yellowed pages but still has the Biotronic Stickers with it. Unfortunately one is missing (13 year old me stuck it on my forearm as instructed and when it lost it's stickiness I stuck it on my wardrobe door - that wardrobe and it's door is now long deceased!). The 'Third Eye' sticker has lost it's stickiness and is now loose from the backing sheet.

Would be chuffed if anyone was able to offer any advice please. Thanks very much.

Regards

IMG_1967.thumb.jpg.bf7244f2ede8bdc1c6600156c19f5b8b.jpgIMG_1968.thumb.jpg.7fef14b92441ef1cc95cf36ecdddb7b1.jpgIMG_1969.thumb.jpg.bf2d6527f478e07f7d1ccac4375f8a65.jpg

Hi, @southern cross, the Biotronic stickers have always been loose. They were never attached, just placed in the comic when it was published. From what I've read about encapsulation, something like this would be placed in the encapsulated comic as it would be able to fit within whereas something like the Space Spinner (that came free with Prog 1) can't be fitted in but I may be wrong.

The UK books often came with this unattached mishegoss. Captain Britain 1 has a mask for example. CGC will Green label them if not included (unless you're lucky & they forget. I still have the mask which I didn't think I should send). Personally, I think that's silly since it wasn't attached to the book & IDK how they encapsulate them.. IDK what they'd do with a sticker sheet missing a sticker. I suspect Green label too with a note that a sticker is missing. I'll wager a 4.0/4.5 with c/p.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/363942217876